Good Mix/Mastering Tutorials??

J

js41891

Know any good mix/mastering tutorial??(preferably using waves)

when you bought a specific waves bundle, it should have came with all the info you need to know about those specific plugins. you should never have invested thousands of dollars into software without even knowing the basic knowledge needed to operate it.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

that being said, waves.com is your best bet. for instance, i got my info on there from when i registered my plugins, and now have access to in-depth tuts, if i should so be inclined to want to read them. honestly, i feel as if i wasted my $$$ on them (even with my 50% off student discount) because the stock plugins that come with Logic are MORE than enough to get the job done WELL. However, there are some waves plugins (in particular the vocal rider and L316) that i absolutely LOVE. keep in mind that if you are one of those that copped a hacked version of any of the waves bundles, and try to register it on their website, there may be consequences. I hope you didn't do this, but i see all too many people that do, then give themselves away by asking dumb questions like "What is EQ and what does it do?". People in this stage of experience have no business dumping that much loot into these plugins. Do the right thing bro, but most definitely download the PDF file off their website, that will help you the most. I hope you figure it out, GOOD LUCK! :)

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

check out morning stars blog too, some good info on there

http://epithetstudios.blogspot.com/

when you bought a specific waves bundle, it should have came with all the info you need to know about those specific plugins. you should never have invested thousands of dollars into software without even knowing the basic knowledge needed to operate it.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

that being said, waves.com is your best bet. for instance, i got my info on there from when i registered my plugins, and now have access to in-depth tuts, if i should so be inclined to want to read them. honestly, i feel as if i wasted my $$$ on them (even with my 50% off student discount) because the stock plugins that come with Logic are MORE than enough to get the job done WELL. However, there are some waves plugins (in particular the vocal rider and L316) that i absolutely LOVE. keep in mind that if you are one of those that copped a hacked version of any of the waves bundles, and try to register it on their website, there may be consequences. I hope you didn't do this, but i see all too many people that do, then give themselves away by asking dumb questions like "What is EQ and what does it do?". People in this stage of experience have no business dumping that much loot into these plugins. Do the right thing bro, but most definitely download the PDF file off their website, that will help you the most. I hope you figure it out, GOOD LUCK! :)

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

check out morning stars blog too, some good info on there

http://epithetstudios.blogspot.com/
I diddn't even bother reading this whole thing because I have the feeling it doesn't answer my question.... sooooooo does anyone know any good tutorials on mix/mastering? I have already checked out the ones from this forum but they seem outdated

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

man forget it, this site sucks now... I can't even get anyone to help me out with finding a good NEW tutorial on mix/mastering, instead I get someone talking about nothing... this site really isn't what it used to be

Last edited by a moderator:
man forget it, this site sucks now... I can't even get anyone to help me out with finding a good NEW tutorial on mix/mastering, instead I get someone talking about nothing... this site really isn't what it used to be

What a girl. You can search and find days of material to read on mixing/mastering since 5 jillion people asked the same thing you did over the years this site has been up.

Just a piece of advice tho: Tutorials wont help you train your ears to learn whats good and whats not good, that takes real work, drive, initiative, and years of practice to acheive. that means you can LEARN to use a compressor, but If you dont know what to listen for, whats the point. The best thing to do is record some vocals, put the waves c1 you got in your pirated bundle on the fx bus and start messing with it and see what each parameter on it does. THATS how you learn how to use plugins.

Last edited:
What a girl. You can search and find days of material to read on mixing/mastering since 5 jillion people asked the same thing you did over the years this site has been up.

Just a piece of advice tho: Tutorials wont help you train your ears to learn whats good and whats not good, that takes real work, drive, initiative, and years of practice to acheive. that means you can LEARN to use a compressor, but If you dont know what to listen for, whats the point. The best thing to do is record some vocals, put the waves c1 you got in your pirated bundle on the fx bus and start messing with it and see what each parameter on it does. THATS how you learn how to use plugins.

agreed bro. sorry to hear you don't like the site here, i've learned so much and have only been here a short while. Its just when you go around saying stuff like "..preferably using waves", it has people like me asking questions. People dont drop that kind of loot into programs they know nothing about. If it had been a general question like what does THIS do, then we got more info to lead you to. If you would have taken the time to READ what i wrote instead of complain about the post, you probably would have read that i said go to WAVES.COM and download THEIR tuts there! You know, the company that makes the software in question...? Don't you think that would be the BEST place to get the info anyway? Here, i'll make it easy bro. Click the link :victory:

http://www.waves.com/Content.aspx?id=5823

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

I diddn't even bother reading this whole thing because I have the feeling it doesn't answer my question.... sooooooo does anyone know any good tutorials on mix/mastering? I have already checked out the ones from this forum but they seem outdated

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

and i RE-READ what i had posted originally, and i don't think i could have been any more polite.

You're not gonna get any type of quality help by basically advertising that you are using hacked plug ins...deal with it and make friends with google.

Back