FL studio pattern stops recording

hamzi37

hello people,I've been working on my first real song(with all instruments as predicted) and I've been working really hard,for like a month now,and everything was going so amazing,while recording I learned new stuff about production etc.I'm using FL studio 11 and figured the whole program out..but just tonight as I was working I met a big problem...I record vocals,bass and drums I wrote in ezdrummer 2 as the audio tracks directly into the playlist..Song is all synths,bass,drums and vocals...and synths,of course,I record as in pattern,I just use my MIDI controller and play the tunes on vst plugins and they are recorded as a pattern..now the song is near the end,and after this one part,whenever I start writing/playing stuff in pattern it doesn't work,I can't hear it..Everything is just there,written on a pattern scripture,but when I listen to my song,I can't hear that new stuff I played,even though it's right there in scripture :/ Please guys,help me it's really important and I'm really excited about my first song and if I don't solve this problem I think I'll never finish the whole thing...THIS IS EMERGENCY

Final Question : How to continue recording my synths as a pattern because when I do,they are written in pattern scripture but they are not played in a song?????????

Fl was one of the first daws I touched, and what you describing sounds like what clip based daws usually do.
Pattern mode in those daws[bear with me here I use linear nowadays] automatically have a type of looping function that can be manually edited and specified in the pattern's timeline.

I used to have to do that workaround in fl to imitate how cubase/studio one handles stuff.
I clearly recall clicking the timeline and ragging till the markers were red then it goes for as long as specified in the redzone.

Also changing the pattern length is another way too.

Last edited:
Back