Feedback on mixing

I've been producing for a while now, but I haven't learnt much about mixing. I was told you need to make it so every different sound has a lot of space to move around. I think I've done that here pretty well, but I'm not sure if I accidentally took away important frequencies from a sound, or if I haven't spaced it out well. I would like feedback on that. I would also like feedback on the track's mixing in general.

Thanks in advance :),

MoneyMoneyMoneyYEAH.

Attachments

• Battlefield.mp3
    4.5 MB · Views: 21
Hi MMMY

Sounds OK, of course you need some beats, as a rule have only 5 things going at a time, will you have some Vox over it?

As a basic idea it's OK, but there could be so much more that could be done with this.

Hope it helps

What stuck out to me the most was a lack of Velocity change. It is important to pay attention to the velocity of the notes/chords in your melodies to make the sound more organic. Also, look to incorporate sounds that play nicely together. All of your sounds were similar in texture, look for sounds that are more complimentary and less similar. This is a good place for you to start.

Sounds cool, I really like the 8bit sound you used for your chords. It really could use some Hip-Hip pattern drums. Also the melody gets a little bit dull in the long run. Try using some more velocity changes. All together the mixdown is pretty good, maybe use a sine or triangle subbass and make sure the drums won't be to loud so sidechain them correctly.

Back