Feedback for Country Rock Mix needed

overall impression is nice..
the vocal seems not coming through here and there, especially during verses,
maybe look at volume automaton of the vocals or maybe adding a little more reverb,
could be louder in general, in my opinion, lets see what others say.. ;)

I can only listen on my phone right now (will try to listen on a better set-up later). With an admittedly limited sonic perspective, I would say it sounds good. I think the difference between the vocal sections is where it might need some tweaking. Good song and feel though, and it's nice to hear something non-Hip Hop every once in awhile.
Are these your tracks? Did you do the tracking (or are you only working on the mix)?

GJ

The music sounds nice. The vocal is too low and not in the right space. It also sounds like the vocal is coming out of a gramaphone for some reason. It could be a mix issue, but it would take a lot of processing to get the vocal to sound like that so I suspect it's a recording quality issue. It's a bit odd that the music sounds like it was recorded well, but the vocal sounds like it was recorded poorly. I would take ALL the processing off the vocal and see if you have something more usable and decide if re-recording is necessary (performance is nice though). If it sounds normal with no processing, then start over and just do a lot less to it. And make it louder in the mix.

Back