Thread: Feedback for Country Rock Mix needed

Thanks

Feedback for Country Rock Mix needed

Sign in to disable this ad
    Looking for some feedback on my mix. I am not a fan of the vocals but I can't seem to EQ out the weird tone of it. Also is the bass too loud? How does it all feel? Been working on it for a couple days and have gone through many revisions, just looking for another set of ears and new feedback. Thanks!

Review Mix by technicolored | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thanks
    what's wrong with it?= it's great! Don't fall into the trap of getting bored with your own stuff because you've heard it over & over, due to writing, recording & mixing.
    If you feel it sounds good from the beginning then stay with it.. Just my opinion.

I like it, good stuff.

Peace.

DC...

Thanks
    overall impression is nice..
    the vocal seems not coming through here and there, especially during verses,
    maybe look at volume automaton of the vocals or maybe adding a little more reverb,
    could be louder in general, in my opinion, lets see what others say..

Thanks
    I can only listen on my phone right now (will try to listen on a better set-up later). With an admittedly limited sonic perspective, I would say it sounds good. I think the difference between the vocal sections is where it might need some tweaking. Good song and feel though, and it's nice to hear something non-Hip Hop every once in awhile.
    Are these your tracks? Did you do the tracking (or are you only working on the mix)?

GJ
    Gregg Juke
    Nocturnal Productions
    The Sonic Vault Recording Studio
    Drum! Magazine Contributor

Thanks
    You're not that far off... instrumentation sounds nice. I think the vocal needs more compression and then push it up slightly in volume. Also, with vocals I will generally go through it and use some detailed volume automation b/c compression can only do so much. Don't be afraid of changing the parts that feel to loud or soft with volume automation (even if it is just a missing consonant). For this track, you want to even out your vocals a bit more and push it up in volume a bit. If the vocal competes to much with your instrumentation, try cutting a little more off of the low end to push it more out in front (but be careful not to thin it out to much b/c then you will lose power). Good luck... this is not my style of music at all but I enjoyed the track!!

Thread Information