eqing a mix

know_ledge

fyi i mix hiphop/rap. i just finished a mix and did a little eq adjusting on my final mix buss because i read that u can use a frequency analyzer to get a overall good balance. i seen some freqencies that were sticking out so i tried to even them with the rest. of course i used my ears also.

so what do you guys think of this?

also the beat was a two track of course. i just need other opinions.Screenshot (9).png

heres the final song
Playing: high2.mp3 - picosong

Last edited:
fyi i mix hophop/rap. i just finished a mix and did a little eq adjusting on my final mix buss because i read that u can use a frequency analyzer to get a overall good balance. i seen some freqencies that were sticking out so i tried to even them with the rest. of course i used my ears also.

so what do you guys think of this?

also the beat was a two track of course. i just need other opinions.View attachment 44086

heres the final song

While it's generally wrong to judge visually without sound, judging by the commercial spectrum
there's a chance the highs are a bit too much and your mix may end up being harsh lacking mids/bass.

Now I that I see it again, high-mids and highs are louder than mids and bass themselves? Aw man please re-mix some stuff.

But still don't take anything seriously without an audio sample. Please post one :)

Last edited:
While it's generally wrong to judge visually without sound, judging by the commercial spectrum
there's a chance the highs are a bit too much and your mix may end up being harsh lacking mids/bass.

Now I that I see it again, high-mids and highs are louder than mids and bass themselves? Aw man please re-mix some stuff.

But still don't take anything seriously without an audio sample. Please post one :)

i included the link please let me know thanks

Out of surprise, the high mids dominate the mix but somehow you managed to not make it harsh, gotta give you props for that!

It lacks some mid-body-warmth though, do you have any version of ozone to use as a reference a commercial rap track
and test out how far from the commercial thing you sound?

Also, did you use more brightness through mixing on each track/group or did you add high-mids and brightess during mastering?
Cause if you did it during mastering it's easier to undo that way than getting back in the mix.

Thanks for the help and feedback. I do have ozone 5 but rarely use it. I do agree I am missing that thickness/warmth but I'm mixing in the box all the way. I have no gear as of now. I tried to add sum warmth using a plugin.. Am I even close?

Playing: high3.mp3 - picosong

I'm going to use ozone to reference I'll post up in a few

Thanks for the help and feedback. I do have ozone 5 but rarely use it. I do agree I am missing that thickness/warmth but I'm mixing in the box all the way. I have no gear as of now. I tried to add sum warmth using a plugin.. Am I even close?

Playing: high3.mp3 - picosong

I'm going to use ozone to reference I'll post up in a few

No prob I like to help!

I've published on youtube a free video on how to master:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw2xVJMR7j8

This includes how I use matching eq from ozone, since you own you should use it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OSs34JzR3s

Yes it's a lot better now man! Let me know if you need any more help

Sounds off how? And even if it is unfortunately I don't think there's anything I can do about it because the beat is a two track/mp3. I just mix them to my best ability and keep it moving

there are some low frequencies clashing in here. that's what i hear at least, just being honest. i may be wrong just thought i'd mention it

Back