Thread: which EQ has the "silkiest" high mids/top end?

Thanks

which EQ has the "silkiest" high mids/top end?

Sign in to disable this ad
    i have the following issue: when mastering and A/Bing my master with my reference tracks i often find that my high mids and top end are not as present as in the reference tracks. but when i boost the respective high mid/top end frequency range(s) (i can hear the frequency ranges are the right ones and can also clearly identify them visually in a frequency spectrum analyzer) i always find that my master will sound (too) harsh. i think my stock EQ is the culpid and therefor wanted to ask you if you can recommand an EQ plugin with a really silky/not harsh high mids/top end sound?
    Last edited by Don_Goliath; 11-03-2020 at 06:40 AM.

Thanks
    An SSL E Channel will give you parametric EQ control over your upper mids, or use an EQ that can attenuate and boost the same frequency ranges simultaneously. I'll leave you to research which EQ's can do that.

Thanks
    Also, if you're looking for a silky top end and vocal clarity, you might want to use a compressor that allows control over the upper frequencies. I use an LA2A emulator. It will take some experience using it, because it's very easy to overly compress your tracks in the beginning of your journey. Try using it on the buss/aux rather than an individual compressor on each individual track. Cheers.

Thread Information