easy or not

N

nesco

is a digital HD recorder as easy to use as Cubase or another PC sequencer?

Some people find it easier. However there is a lack of control that lots of people don't like (editing is much harder for instance). At the end of the day it's down to personal preference. If you're the kind of person who prefers hardware and can't stand trying to get computers to work then I would definitely recommend hardware. Otherwise, just for the flexibility, I would go for software every time.

KasioRoks

ok, thanx for your reply!

i think i'll buy a hardware recorder; i've always liked technology :)

Kasio is on the right track (no puns intended).

If you like the way tape recorders work -- push the red button and the green button together and go! -- and you tend to not edit or composite things much -- then a standalone HD recorder (like the Roland VS series, etc) with a built in mixer is a good way to go. Many of them allow 8 tracks or more of simultaneous recording so bands find these compact portable boxes good for informal recording.

On the other hand, if you're a typical studio rat one or two man band or producer, do a lot of overdubs, edits, composties, remixes, MIDI, synths, etc, then a PC or Mac centered system will almost certainly serve you best. And, of course, a well-chosen (and connected) laptop can take your show on the road. Also, if you already have a contemporary PC you're half the way there (of course, if you want more than two tracks of simultaneous recording you'll need to jump up to a multi-channel sound card or USB or Firewire audio converter).

Last edited:
a digi recorder soound better beacuase of its direct input but hell to the yes its hard to edit such as copying and pasting son trust mep.c. is the way to be.

Back