Dull vocals

U

undefined1211

i am currently workin on a song and my vocals are sounding dull.ive tried boosting around Eq's from 2khz to 7khz, but that dosent seem to help. ive also tried messing with the Eq on my mixer but still the same problem. im thinkin it might be cuz im recording through my mixer in stereo and recording off my sound card in mono.

EQUIP LIST-

- MXL990 Condenser
- Nady SRM-10X
- Sound Blaster Audigy 4
- Acid Pro 5
- Art Tube Mp Pre-amp
- Symetrix Sx206 Compressor

i was also wondering what is a good program for recording and mixing vocals.acid pro is the best ive found so far but i know theres more. i found that alot of the software dosent have alot of mastering type effects.thanx

First, get everything you don't need out of the chain. Mic > Preamp > Interface. Nothing else.

Also, get rid of the SB at the first chance you get.

second that, not to sound like a total snob but dump the soundblaster as soon as u can and get a real soundcard

i was reading other underground artists equip list and i found some one with an audigy 2 you might have heard of him "DZK"
his lyrics sound crisp and its almost like studio quality.i figured ide get audigy 4. but then again hes got a 500 dollar KSM mic.maybe hes recording at a studio tho for his final production.but i will try to eliminate my mixer..i pretty much need my compressor tho other wise it peaks out and distorts. what sound card do you reccomend? something from M audio?

yo chill jus keep that soundcard dont jus thro out money like that jus cuz They dont like that soundcard dont mean ****, just keep it and work wit wat u have and bang it out

okay this what I use-

marshall mca sp2 (Crappiest mic ever)> behringer mixer 1204fx> behinger compressor> m audio 410 soundcard > adobe audition 1.5

peep this: www.soundclick.com/brokhomz

I tweak my mixer and compressor and post edit, but I think my vocals come out pretty nice for a home recording studio with no vocal booth (haha to block the sound from my computer i just stuff a pillow back there!!!)

tell me what cha think bout that tho!!!

ps... dzk has really nice vocals!!! easily as good as some pro recording artists (if not better)... i wonder if thats a insane mic or if hes a killer editor!!

Casket13Productions said:
okay this what I use-

marshall mca sp2 (Crappiest mic ever)> behringer mixer 1204fx> behinger compressor> m audio 410 soundcard > adobe audition 1.5

peep this: www.soundclick.com/brokhomz

I tweak my mixer and compressor and post edit, but I think my vocals come out pretty nice for a home recording studio with no vocal booth (haha to block the sound from my computer i just stuff a pillow back there!!!)

tell me what cha think bout that tho!!!

how much do that mca sp2 run you?

get a mbox 1 it comes with a good preamp and it gives u pro tools le. the pro tools doesn't matter but it is a good sound card though.

Back