Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Digital Audio Basics - Must See! (Video)

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    very useful vid

Thanks
    Ty

Thanks
    Thank you so much for providing, helpful and innovative information.

Thanks
    Have some questions.

Is it the best place to ask?

Thanks
    Holy cow this was informative! Thank you so much for the post!

Thanks
    his is awesome. Granted, Iím a dork, but this was really well presented in such a way that I think even non-techy people could get whatís going on here.

Also dorky fun: it sounds as if heís recording this with a binaural mic setup. Listen on headphones, itís pretty cool to hear him "move" around the room in your head.

Iíve tried many times to hear a difference between CD-quality and high-resolution sound, and I just canít. Iíve done the ABX tests. I admit that Iím in my early 40s, so even high-bitrate mp3s are indistinguishable for me, and thatís after nearly 20 years of wearing earplugs at concerts and not abusing my ears with overly-loud music through the car stereo or headphones. But I figure that Iíve taken good care of my hearing, and a relatively recent hearing test proves my hearing is perfectly average for my age, so if I canít hear a significant difference, itís not there. The nice thing is that even if that capability was ever there, itís never coming back. "Shoddy mp3s," as some put it, are probably as good as Iíll ever need in the future.

My advice is as always: spend your money on speakers/headphones. Compared to any other improvements you can make, there is a huge bang/buck ratio compared to any other equipment with better speakers.

Thread Information