Did young chop get his beats mastered?

L

LilAyUTP

I've listen to back from the dead like endless times. Did this nigga get his beats mastered them joints so crisped. The vocals on the mixtape are even decent but they aren't like super clean so this made me believe he did all the mixing mastering himself. Anyone wan share some insight. cuz i be reading ppl say he got them mastered but i just dont think so. MAYBE NOW but on back from the dead
I dont like
Everyday

etc (which are his better beats anyway) don't sound like
Love Sosa and Kobe and all that other plain jane shit

honestly i see what ur saying. but if they were mastered , it was a terrible job. The highs are overly compressed . But the frequency for the hats and cymbals (around 10KHz) were boosted tremendously and then squashed for the its sound. In my opinion It jus very well may hav been mastered but dnt see it as that great of a tremendous job.

He's just like Lex Luger, all he does it construct the beat, everyone else does the arranging, mixing and mastering.

He said he made the I Don't Like beat in 15 minutes. Even though it's technically possible that he could technically do that in 15 minutes using pre-saved scores for his EQ/compression etc, it's very unlikely. The '15 minutes' part is likely to just be the construction of a 4-16 bar loop.

@beatdilla.
Naw son the mixtape was boosted by the djs you can tell but they SAVED the mixtape. Go to youtube and watch the everyday iont like or daa uhhh iont know dem video. Iont know dem prob my fav beat of all his joints but it sound dry in the video cuz its the orginal mp3 and it doesnt clip. The mixtape version seems like it has a high pass around 400 hz about 2 to 3 db. Listen to both you can hear CLEARLY.

@jc.
I see your wat ur sayin but if dats the case. Does dis mean they added all that phase and pom to his synth and add dat knockong ass kick to iont like. Cuz i have the original beat it seems like the entire mid to highs well basically the whole beat is sidechainned to the kick and 808 cuz EVERYTHING. Sits at like -3. A d the kick is at .5 or maybe 1. The limiter shows it clipping a notch. Did he do ANY IF THIS? like why does he get so much credit if he didnt even bring all those sounds out to a T

I think the songs from back from the dead has too much bass and too much highs...mastering was poorly for the MIXTAPE but as far as new songs "Kobe" "love Sosa" interscope mixing & mastering.....

idk maybe its my young ears. Back from the dead>Interscope. You mixtape was boosted but iLLLOOVVVEEE it

Im Sure He Leaves The FL Limiter On, But Honestly People Dont Care, Because Its All About The Feeling Of His Beats That Makes People Go Crazy, And His Drums Are Loud As **** So Thats All Rappers Care About Now

I doubt he leaves the Fl Limiter on nobody does that, He's prob got waves on the master. I imagine he'd mix & master and they'd have the bounces in the big studio when they master the vocals and tweaks would be made there.

Back