Deep House - Mix feedback needed!

Hey NVOY, really nice track. You've labelled this track as being Deep House but all your sounds are right up "in yo face" :p

You need to push a few things back. One of them being the stab pad that you have happening throughout the track. Might want to turn it a bit down or cut it's highs a bit. Other than that, it's quiet a loud mix but sounds pretty clean to me. If I was to push my stuff to that volume, there'd be a lot of noise involved.

Good mix apart from just a few sounds being slightly too loud and therefore making the whole track seem very upfront and personal.

I hope I've explained it properly. Let me know if you need a bit more feedback.

Sorry if i was too harsh :)

Good work!

Hi Nichukabra,

Thank you for the detailed criticism of the track. You're very right that the sound is much more 'forward' than is typical of deep house.
It depends on whether we will sim the track to be played in typical 'deep house' sets, or go for the more garage influenced sound popular at the moment.

Thanks for taking the time to listen, if you have any other comments please don't hesitate to let me know.

NVOY

Last edited:
NVOY, I really like this track!

The mix sounds solid to me, the low end works well with the constant chord. The only part that sounds weird to me are the claps in the intro but that is a minor part of the track.

What software did you use to create the chord patch?

It's a very, very nice track. But the percussion in the intro sounds a little harsh just because everything else is more dull, so maybe lower the treble with -3dB just in the intro to make everything smoother. Then the overall volume of the percussion's highest frequencies (16-20 kHz) is a little painful, so try cutting that a little through the whole track.

Great track! Love the subs in this song, and also the pads. However I do have some critique, which is mostly about balance in the track. The (chord) stabs lack space in my opinion and sound a little too loud to be comfortably listening this song on high volumes. Maybe add more delay in you main parts, and add a step panner? In addition, you might want to eq the top frequencies down a little. the hats are sometimes to sharp. The percussion filling the mid fall away right now because of the stabs, you might turn them on a little, and add pan them more to get a wider sound. However, this is still a solid track! Just my 2c. (Amateur producer).

Back