decibels

stepy

DowsherProd
Hey everyone,
I was wondering how can I possibly know how much dB am I listen my music to???
THX

bonjour et bienvenue aux forum

im a little unclear what it is you are asking with your question due to the language.

have you been reading about K-system or the likes and want to know how to measure the volume at your monitoring position.

are you trying to ask how loud your final mix should be sounding or if theres is some speaker volume level that will provide the best mixing results or are you trying to ask something entirely different altogether.

post back and we can all try to help you out.

neil

I'm *assuming* (I know, bad idea) that he's looking for ambient SPL levels...

You need a SPL meter. Generally, you're looking for a "C-Weighted / Slow" reading (as opposed to "A" weighted or "fast").

Don't know if you Radio Shacks out there, but I hate to say that thiers is the best budget-minded unit I've used in a long time. The new <$100 units at MF/GC are absolute junk (IMO/E).

Yes massive!
that's what I was talking about but I didn't have the right vocabulary.
I think it's a good idea to know at how much dB you listen your music to at any stage of a mix or mastering. Trying to keep the same volume at each step or compare the sound at different given volumes (etc) shoul be interesting.
I'd heard about Radio Shack once. Don't really know what it is but I guess that's what I'm looking for.
Thx guys.

They don't send international orders. Shiiiiiit :)
thx again.
Now I know better what it looks like.

Back