Curious about your favourite but more unusual Kick/Snare mic placements and why you l

Michaeljones

We all know how important the Kick and Snare is on a track... They're the Drums I personally spend the most time on when I mix, by far.
When I record drums, I tend to have 'go-to' placements which I know should give a good sound, and have found these usually give good results. (Usually, time constraints don't allow for a huge amount of experimentation). If I have the time to pop another few mics up and leave them in odd places, just to see how it comes out, I usually do, but more often than not, these don't get used in the final mix, and of course you're setting yourself up for Phase issues if you go too mad anyway.
I'm wondering if anyone here has any mic placements they've tried and found surprisingly good... Maybe a technique which you tried out, weren't expecting much and has now become a staple part of your sound? Maybe a mic technique that offers up a unique snare/kick sound?downloader.vip/ccleaner www.happywheels.vip vlc.onl

Last edited:
Back