Cool Edit Pro 2.1..

...ILL...

Can someone teach me some more stuff about it.
i know how to record n mix a beat on it....

but wen i record too much static noise appears on da recorded track and i want to know how to get that away...

and can someone tell me how to do effects w/ da voice and echo and high n low pitch and all that

and lastly... I want to know how to put multiple beats on one track like a beat right after another one....

thanks to whoever
i will rep... n if theres a paypal account ill donate 10$ to the person who gives me the best answers

thx yo

-2-

wen i record too much static noise appears on da recorded track and i want to know how to get that away
The problem with 'static noise' as you call it could be one of lots of different things. It depends on your soundcard/mic/audio interface/mixer. What's your setup? Are you just using the soundcard built into your PC? There is a concept called 'signal to noise ratio' which you need to understand to get a clean signal. Go google or wiki it.

can someone tell me how to do effects w/ da voice and echo and high n low pitch and all that
Make sure you are in the multitrack view (big button in top left corner looks like just one green waveform). On the track you want to put the effect click on the little blue FX button.

Now it depends on what effect you want. When you say 'echo' I think you mean reverb. Click on the + Delay Effects. Click Reverb and then Add. If you then go to Properties you get all sorts of options. You could pick a preset such as Vocal - Nice Presence for a bit of ambiance.

The other important effect used to add punch and loudness to tracks is compression. To add it, choose the Dynamics Processing plugin. GO read up on compression to see what the options are.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'high and low pitch'. Are you talking about EQ? If so, that's under Filters > Parametric Equalizer. If you are talking about the 'chipmunk' effect, that's under Time/Pitch > Stretch.

I want to know how to put multiple beats on one track like a beat right after another one
In the multitrack view, you can just click and drag the coloured blocks. Copy and paste to duplicate them.

Hope this helps. Bear in mind that Cool Edit isn't really designed for multitrack use, it works far better as a stereo mastering tool.

Ok.... ^^ i will
I got 1 more problemo
the reverb and pitch and noise was very helpful thx fam...
but w/ the beats..
I get two beats and I drag them to the 1 multitrack and then i put each dragged beat together so wen I play it.... wen their combined thats wen the next beat plays.....
but wen I record it.... I have no idea how to put them like that cuz they only play simuntalously when i play it w/o recording.//

AND When I record I can only hear da beat wen recording i have ta press autoplay to hear da beat, and it is offtiming when i mix/paste it.... and it doesnt fit well w/ multiple beats.... cuz i dont know how to record w/ them so timing is off cuz when i autoplays it only uses 1 beat and da timing is off cuz i have to press record right after....

So is there another way to hear the beat when recording and w/ putting more beats on it.....

Sry Im still a newb @ dis...
Thanks for anyones help....

You just need to make sure the audio clips are the same tempo, otherwise they won't fit.

It's difficult to know what you mean when you are describing the problems. You should learn the proper words for the things you are describing. Then it will be easier to know exactly what your problem is.

Ok.
But W/ the multiple beats I can play them, but not record on them...
Whats the steps to record on multiple beats???
and do you need a headset to make sure ur on pace w/ the beat.???

thx

i didn't know you could record audio externally into cool edit...i've been using audacity for vocals...fl studio for vinyl samples...then importing them to cool edit for chopping and final mixdowns...when i set my input soundcard to my asio with my pre-amped condenser mic i don't get anything to register in cool edit....any ideas guys?

dvsn, CoolEdit doesn't use ASIO drivers, only WDM and MME. Audition (the Adobe remake) does, but that won't be helpul unless you buy it. You'll just be stuck with the whatever input latency on the WDM version of your card's drivers are, assuming it includes them in the first place.

ILL, you use the word 'beat' to mean about five different things. Are you talking about recording onto more than one track at a time, or what? Go look up the terms in the manual or we won't know what you're talking about. It should be a simple matter of just pressing the record arm (red R button) for the track you want to record your vocals onto, then pressing the master record button at the bottom. You'll hear all of the other tracks being played back through headphones whilst recording onto the record-armed track. And of course, use headphones to get it in time.

Last edited by a moderator:
straypixel said:
dvsn, CoolEdit doesn't use ASIO drivers, only WDM and MME. Audition (the Adobe remake) does, but that won't be helpul unless you buy it. You'll just be stuck with the whatever input latency on the WDM version of your card's drivers are, assuming it includes them in the first place.

ILL, you use the word 'beat' to mean about five different things. Are you talking about recording onto more than one track at a time, or what? Go look up the terms in the manual or we won't know what you're talking about. It should be a simple matter of just pressing the record arm (red R button) for the track you want to record your vocals onto, then pressing the master record button at the bottom. You'll hear all of the other tracks being played back through headphones whilst recording onto the record-armed track. And of course, use headphones to get it in time.

well my soundcard has an mme option to switch it to i was just usng asio as an example of the fact that it is a recording soundcard (i think most asios can also switch to mme, but not sure), there are like 5 different options i switch them between depending on the program i'm using and what i'm trying to accomplish....any more thoughts then anybody?

ASIO = low latency, MME = high.

Ergo CE ≠ good multitracker.

Back