Convert .wav to .mp3 without losing audio quality?

You can't. The downgrade in quality isn't audible in most cases though (I can usually only hear the difference with an A/B comparison or a null test).

Try exporting at 320 kbps

.wav is a lossless file. .mp3 is compressed. there is a reason it is exponentially a smaller file sizer, less information = less quality. most portable media players now an handle lossless (aside .mp3 players obviously). I'd advise you to setup a dropbox, downloads on soundcloud or a bandcamp. all free & easy options!

.mp3 has less data which means its lower quality then .wav

.mp3 has less data which means its lower quality then .wav

whether an audio file has less data than the same wav file is not an indicator of the quality of the file - some of the lossless codecs like flac are 1/2 the size of the same wav file yet have the same quality

All the music we listen to is mp3. If you really care about the quality, just increase the bitrate. No one is going to want to listen to your weird flac file that they have to download a plugin for or that they can't play on their phone. Just my opinion..

I use Real player converter or cool edit 1.5 - a 320 mp3 does suffer slightly on the very bottom sub frequency's and at the very highest frequency's but hard to hear difference untill u do A-B tests - but mp3s are needed now ' so just find a good converter and also use dithering when u reduce bit depth - most music software will have good export options anyway ' keep urself 32 bit float . Wavs - but don't be scared to convert ' its got to be done ' so u can share '

Last edited:
Back