compression and expanders

• Thread starter wickedrobfacekilla
  • Start date
W

wickedrobfacekilla

when i compress it adds an effect to the tone of the vocal track, more so on the louder parts that are being turned down, i can notice the diffrence , and it sounds crappy, what can i do?

does anyone here use expanders?

any advice for rap vocals,i was messign with some thing that let you pan the mid,highs and lows of yoru vocal track or epand them seperatly.

im using the waves bundle compressor , is there always an e.q. setting that changes with the compressor when you turn it on becuase it sounds diffrent then what im recording, and ill tell you what im about to throw my tube pre amp inthe trash i hate the way it makes evertyhing sound sticky and cheap

no theres not
try this out...

set your compressor levels to zero so that you have no compression or gain or anything set up

and then play your song and while youre playing it mute and unmute the actual vst. i doubt it will sound any different... if it does. then record it and post it up here

ok,now if i limit the high levels how do i bring up the low levels so its one cinsistant level?with a limiter?
are expanders good?or should i not use them?

wickedrobfacekilla said:
ok,now if i limit the high levels how do i bring up the low levels so its one cinsistant level?with a limiter?
are expanders good?or should i not use them?

you limit your high levels with a limiter.

you can bring up your low levels with either the gain on the limiter, or by using a compressor.

and its hard to say what to use. use everything, but just use it when u need it

Back