Chances of becoming a famous EDM DJ/Producer?

0% chance.. Here's why.. The famous DJs like carnage aioki all of the typical d bag ones come from money and bought their way into the industry. All of them have never produced or actually DJ'd in their life unless you count pressing play djing. There are numerous videos where the DJM equipment is not even turned on while "DJING". They buy their way into the industry and buy their music.. And have an angle. Could be based on how Carnage is a fatso or Aioki is a cool hip guy with long hair?! Think of your image and money.. Don't think about actually learning how to produce or DJ. The industry is a joke. They sign non disclosure agreements and buy from record labels, end of story. I know from experience. I have 10 top 100 beatport tracks.

Rather than sitting down asking yourself what chance you have of becoming successfull, ask yourself instead - what can I do today to be more successfull?

Dont believe everything you hear about the EDM. I myself im not a huge fan of the music, but the myth that all dj's and producers have bought themselfs in is bullshit (a lot of them did though). But dont let yourself get encouraged by people saying that its all fake. Here are two personal stories:

As I grew up in Rotterdam, a kid with a big afro was upcoming here aswell, but all the settled djs refused to support him cause they said his music was garbage and his style was bad.
After he got so good and he got couple of hits, he went way past them. His name was afrojack. And yes, he can produce and dj really good.

Another guy that lived near Rotterdam (look it up, its called Breda), was producing and dj'ing since his 14th and had really much talent, after making so many good songs, the big guys supported him and last year he became the number one dj in the world, his name was hardwell. So if you work your ass off, make a lot of contacts and get so good in with you are doing, they cant ignore you anymore.

Even tho I dont like their music, their hard work and dedication always inspires me. So it is possible, but the amount of chance is also up to your dedication.

Last edited:
Dont believe everything you hear about the EDM. I myself im not a huge fan of the music, but the myth that all dj's and producers have bought themselfs in is bullshit (a lot of them did though). But dont let yourself get encouraged by people saying that its all fake. Here are two personal stories:

As I grew up in Rotterdam, a kid with a big afro was upcoming here aswell, but all the settled djs refused to support him cause they said his music was garbage and his style was bad.
After he got so good and he got couple of hits, he went way past them. His name was afrojack. And yes, he can produce and dj really good.

Another guy that lived near Rotterdam (look it up, its called Breda), was producing and dj'ing since his 14th and had really much talent, after making so many good songs, the big guys supported him and last year he became the number one dj in the world, his name was hardwell. So if you work your ass off, make a lot of contacts and get so good in with you are doing, they cant ignore you anymore.

Even tho I dont like their music, their hard work and dedication always inspires me. So it is possible, but the amount of chance is also up to your dedication.

That was the most inspiring and best comment i've ever read! Thanks dude!

Back