Cant Expain In Subject

Matty_nash

Well i duno how to explain this properly but i wil try...

Well just say if u had a normal track (vocal n instrumental) is there any programs that can split the 2 for example if u wanted just the instrumental of a track but u only had da lyric and instrument version could you cut the vocal out of it and just have instrumental, vise versa??

Hope u understand what i mean.. any help would b gd thanks

Matt

Matty_nash said:
Well i duno how to explain this properly but i wil try...

Well just say if u had a normal track (vocal n instrumental) is there any programs that can split the 2 for example if u wanted just the instrumental of a track but u only had da lyric and instrument version could you cut the vocal out of it and just have instrumental, vise versa??

Hope u understand what i mean.. any help would b gd thanks

Matt

Think!

No, there is no way (at least none that sounds any good). It's like mixing yellow and blue paint to make green. You can never recover the primaries from the secondary (mixed) color.

Last edited:
It's impossible to do this, in the same way that you can't retrieve the beans you ate yesterday from the already digested sh**.

Thanks!

There are some tricks, though none of them are exactly 100% applicable to any situation...and all of them have been discussed a million times on this very forum.

One is simply experimenting with eq's and filters to cut out unwanted stuff. Might work well or not so good depending on what you want to retain and what kind of instrumentation is there in the track being processed.

Another trick is really simple - on a lot of older (1970s and back) vocals were panned dead center - removing this is relatively easy, so you're left with a rather convincing instrumental version. Naturally, everything else straight in the center will be gone too, and often vocal processing causes tails and bits of the vocal track to be spread around the stereo image, so the removal is less than perfect.

Then there's the phase inversion trick, which requires a normal vocal version and an instrumental - or an accapella - to work. It's kinda long-winded and explained a lot of times in great detail, so I won't go in there this time. I think Carnage (user/mod on FP) has covered this a couple of times - try searching his posts.

krushing said:

Another trick is really simple - on a lot of older (1970s and back) vocals were panned dead center - removing this is relatively easy, so you're left with a rather convincing instrumental version. Naturally, everything else straight in the center will be gone too, and often vocal processing causes tails and bits of the vocal track to be spread around the stereo image, so the removal is less than perfect.

Oh yeah thats very interesting! So how would I then go about removing these vocals that are dead center? Thanks

Back