Thread: Can you get a competitive master using only izotope ozone?

Thanks

Can you get a competitive master using only izotope ozone?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Just wanted to see if any one uses just Ozone to master their tracks and if it sounds “close” to commercial tracks being put out these days?
    Thanks!
    🍻🍻

Thanks
    Yeah, I've used it for a long time. It's popular for a reason, Ozone is pretty damn good and it's a kind of one-stop shop for all your mastering needs.
    Do you need it? Nah, not really. It doesn't perform magic other plug-ins won't. But it's handy to have everything in one place, working well with each other, well documented, unified interface and all of that.

I'm selling mine, actually came here to put an ad up.
    As a bundle along with Neutron and some other Izotope goodies. Not because it's not good but over time I've just found replacements I prefer working with.
    They're also more expensive so something's gotta give!

Thanks
    Yes. I could beat 90% of the mastering engineers in the world using only ozone. I will challenge anyone.

I also primarily use ozone in my video series and show you how you can too. Audio Mastering Secrets Videos

Thanks
    Hell yea thanks for the insight, I’m thinking about getting the Ozone + Neutron rent to own deal from the splice website. JR Mastering your stuff looks pretty interesting man
    Last edited by AlecFerguson1; 05-30-2018 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Typo

Thanks
    I hear Izotope is really good with mastering and I'm very eager to check it out myself. Thanks for the insight (:
    I will be the best musician in the world!

Thanks
    If you only need to make a commercial product, maybe. If you want real music, you better give the track a human touch.

Thanks
    I love Ozone! Ozone is a great tool, but... Ozone needs a god mix, just like a mastering engineer does. Don't expect that Ozone will do the work for you, you still have to feed Ozone with a well eq'ed and leveled mix. If you use the mastering assistent in Ozone, you will also mostly get the best result by using the assistent as a starting point and work from there.

"Hammering in a nail?" Use your hand or a hammer? The hammer does not hammer in the nail for you, but it sure is nicer to use the hammer. 😀

Thanks
    You can pretty much only use Ozone and itll work great. I mostly use Slate Digital along with some Waves plugins for mastering, but one or two Ozone plugins always squeeze their way in there.

Thread Information