can u use auto tune as an aux plug in send

J

Jscramz

on pro tools?? cuz each trak i use it for a plug in it uses to much computer power so i might needa ues it as an aux send any help..
cuz i do use it for my verses chorus and bridge and adlibs. well help wud be cool thank u god bless

Processors are typically used as inserts and effects as sends. In this case, auto-tune is a processor and with these processors, you have little choice but to use them as inserts in individual tracks.

In short, no. If you have one vocal that needs tuning up and another tuning down, auto-tune won't know which to do as it can only do one or the other at the same time.

you better prepare your vocal track one by one,process them with autotune b4 put them in the mix project.

so i process each track ? throgh audio suite?? then mix the whole thing

If you have one setting you use over all your tracks then you can set up auto tune on an auxtrack and subgroup the vox tracks you want to affect to that aux. If you like how it sounds run with it. If not do the processing offline.

better results from the auto tune if you process each track individually and then mix

Autotune is used for processing monophonic signals. Attempting to bus 2 vocal tracks(different takes) to autotune, will not work.
It will do something for sure, but not what your looking for. Which is to correct the vocal somewhat, or create an effect.
Plain and simple, Autotune is better used as insert for a track.

co-sign.. plus.. it will throw you off while your recording your vocals if you have it set too fast like tpain, cuz like sleepy said, If you have one vocal that needs tuning up and another tuning down, auto-tune won't know which to do as it can only do one or the other at the same time.

it would make u loose ur pictch..

if you apply it to the whole track, with certaon settings, theres also certain ways you gotta sing, to not throw it off.

I would advise to just use it on certain small parts of the track instead.

Last edited:
agree with tony tone , try not using auto tune allways except if you are using it as fx , cuz one day you have to perform live , no matter how many takes you would go for but try to get your vocals recorded perfectly and nicely and dont even think about the plugin when you are recording your voice.

OFF said:
If you have one setting you use over all your tracks then you can set up auto tune on an auxtrack and subgroup the vox tracks you want to affect to that aux. If you like how it sounds run with it. If not do the processing offline.

that will not work because you need to correct the pitch of each individual vocal... sending them all tho the same aux at the same time will not individually correct each vocal.

Jscramz said:
on pro tools?? cuz each trak i use it for a plug in it uses to much computer power so i might needa ues it as an aux send any help..
cuz i do use it for my verses chorus and bridge and adlibs. well help wud be cool thank u god bless

No, that will not work. You need each one treated individually.

Tony_Tone said:
co-sign.. plus.. it will throw you off while your recording your vocals

well, autotune is not typically used WHILY you are recording your vocal... you record the vocal... you see how crappy it sounds... you pitch correct it.

Last edited:
Oh my bad. I fell into the trap I guess. I got so used to thinking of autotune as a rap/t-pain vocal effect more than a correction tool. I gave advice for the former. My bad.

Back