Building a studio..[NEED HELP]..

Lawlz

Ok so, what all should i buy? I'm willing to spend around 500 dollars on everything besides the mic.

Also what mic would you suggest i get?

Also if you know anybody that has the equipment your listing, do you mind linking me to the music? I'd love to hear how the quality can sound like.

EDIT:
I just plan on recording for rap vocals
And i use cool edit pro 2.0 (but might be willin to switch over to protools if there's some huge difference)

Last edited:
Ok $500 is not a lot of money for a studio setup. Do you already have anything at all? PC, Mac, laptop, anything like that??? Also what are you trying to do in your studio, just make betas, and record too?

Oh just trying to record rap vocals..any suggestions for the price? Remember I'd be spending around 500 dollars for everything BESIDES THE MIC. I'll be willing to spend MAX 400 on a microphone. Unless there's some REALLY good mic, that cost a bit more, then I'd be willing to spend more.

I use cool edit pro 2.0 Btw..and i gotta laptop.

Last edited:
Well this is not a large sum of money that we are talking about, however there are lots of deals out there to give you the best bang for your buck. So it sounds like you have about 900 - 1000 dollars to spend on a set up right? Okay here are a few options:

PreSonus 1box $300

Comes with a USB midi interface, Studio One software for recording, a condenser mic, and headphones.
Get a pair of ADAM A series nearfields will run you about $600

I don't use Studio One, but I read good things about it and it's all in one so you know everything will work well together. We use ADAM's at the studio, best sounding speaker I've worked with in 8 years. Sure you could get Yahamas (which I do have a pair also) or Rokits for about 300 bucks, but spend the money on a good pair of monitors, trust me. You can't fix what you can't hear. Don't go cheap on monitors.

or

Pro Tools Vocal Studio $100
Comes with a watered down version of Pro Tools and a USB mic
Get a pair of ADAM A7 nearfields will run you 1000 bucks

I use PT, but its the full version so I am not sure what this one is like, but it can't be any worst than cool edit and it will get you use to working with the PT interface when you are ready to step up to the full version. ADAMS, same thing as above except these are better sounding. Or you could go with Adobe Audition, since you use cool edit (300 buck I think) and get a Blue Mic ($300) get an interface ($200) and you are about at the same price....thats my 2 cents.

Back