Best plugins to master with ?

I have most of the waves plugins but not to sure which ones are the best to master with and how to master . Ive been looking at getting ozone isotope plugin because it looks easier to use . Any advice ?

Thanks

Harry

The most important tools for mastering are a properly treated listening environment, very good midfield monitors, and 10+ years experience ;) Any mastering engineer could get it done with Waves, Ozone, or a variety of other tools, just personal choice. Also, mastering is best done by someone other than the mix engineer - outside set of ears provides valuable perspective.

As far as Waves, the SSL Collection G-Equalizer and Buss Compressor are well regarded for mastering purposes.

My opinion is that would be a waste of money, particularly if you don't know how to master. Buying Ozone would just give you a set of processes that you might use most often while mastering (EQ, compression, reverb, stereo imaging, and a limiter) in one plugin or individually. I only own the silver bundle + a few from Waves and can adequately mix or master with them alone. I also use Alloy 2 in place of Ozone sometimes and essentially go through the same processes I would with Waves plugins. Ozone does have it's own benefits like having a lot of presets to get you started, but so do the Waves plugins.

For Waves plugins I find most useful with mastering, Rcomp, L1 Limiter, and S1 Stereo Imager. Everything else I commonly use is a stock plugin in FL Studio.

Lastly, don't underestimate the utility of stock plugins

What others said - you have more than enough to make a decent master; now you just need to learn your tools instead of buying new ones.

What others said. If you have most of the waves plugins you absolutely don't need any other tools. Now it's more a question of deciding which plugins to start with, learn some mastering techiques and get your hands dirty.

Some good waves plugins to start with for mastering purposes are Linear Phase EQ, Linear Phase Multiband Compressor, L2. I also like the Kramer Tape plugin to add vibe and density.

Whatever plugins you choose, only choose a handful and stick to them until you really know how to operate them.

Linear phase Waves stuffs aren't a must have. Using the default DAW plug-ins is OK. Focusing on your listening conditions is much more important than processing fantasy.

the SSL stuff by waves is nice but my friend gets great results with Ozone. I think it's all about knowing your tools but Ozone seems to be loved by those who use it

i think sometimes is good idea to buy new gear new plugins just for motivation ,
i would spend money on 10 inch studio monitors, 5 octave midi, and things like that just to get more desire to work

but it is not like new plugins , new gear will make my music better however, the desire makes it better, so i would say sometimes is good idea to spend money on gear, plugins

Back