Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Intermediate quallity, and ok prices

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Cheap crappy stuff

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters

zuulmusic

Hi
I would like to know what all of you think of Behringer.
Their prices are very low and equipment looks of high quallity. I have bought a 20 channel mixer from them for $300, and it seems to do a very very good job. Other brands with about the same stuff costs almost double it seems like! I also bought an effect proceossor for $140 that does a good job, but theres a bit of hiss, probably because of the cheapo cables im using.
I know Behringer is a German company, but does that really make the difference?
A few posts ago somebody asked about a Behringer compressor for $100, and I am actually considering the same one because Behringer has great prices. What do you think?

Two years ago I bought a - new ! - Behringer Eurodesk MX3282A (32ch-8bus mixer) + Virtualizer DSP1000 + Feedback Destroyer DSP1100 + Dualfex Pro Sound Enhancer as a package for less than $1.000 (all together !!) and it satisfies me.

* mixer: top quality
* modules: mid quality

Weel I dont know about the rest of the stuff this company sells, but the stuff I have seems to be good for the price for a prodject studio. I only have 2 pieces of gear from them

T1951 4 band peq
DSP 9024 multiband compressor

The 9024 was on sale for $100 and it was something I needed for that last touch. I dosent quite sound as transparent as my aphex compellor, but it gets the job done.

I think the last piece of gear ill get from the will be a mixer
maybe some of thier lower end stuff is bad I dont know

I have their 20 channel and 6 channel mixers. I don't hear them and that's just what I was looking for and at half the price of a Mackie or any other mixers for that matter, it can't be beat.

zuulmusic said:
I know Behringer is a German company, but does that really make the difference?
B]

Neumann is German. Can you think of anything made to a higher specification (maybe that Sennheiser mike that goes up to 50kHz flat, but then theyre German too)

Yeah but the BMW Z3 is underpowered and doesn't handle that well..... oops, wrong forum, sorry.

KasioRoks

yea im using Behringer 26chan mixer, DSP1000 Virtualiser Pro FX unit, Dualfex Enhancer and COMPOSER compressor in my studio....

The mixer i cant really fault except for the fact that its developed 2 problems over the 5 YEARS its been out of its box - GAIN POT on channel 1 doesnt affect the gain (??!!) and Channel 6's inputs are out it seems. Might open it up for a look inside. Im experienced so i know what im looking for.

The enhancer? was a snip at only £80 when i got it couple of years back and its great for lifting mixes slightly. The compressor? heard better - but not at this price. The FX - again - for this price im really in no position to moan - full midi control as well!

And im about to buy one of their patchbays. lol. dont think that has much in it tho really!

The composer I actually like. Its a cheap compressor, so it is very untransparent, especially when you crank up the ratio and turn down the thresh to like half way. But then I like noticable compression

ill probably buy the cheaper 2 channel compressor.
since behringer compressors arent the best, as im hearing, would it be better for me to buy a two channel than the 4 channel? i want it to be able to help my sound!

there is better gear out there, but not at that price, i'm curious about their new digital mixer.

I bought their MX602A mixer, and it seems great so far. Perfect for what I need, and the price was great. I'm considering their new newest effects module(DSP 2024P) for all-around effects...

= chiisu

hi
jus got a eurodesk and a composer c0mpress0r, unbeatable price, nice quality as far i can say now...had a dj mixer from em b4,2 that satisfied ma home practising needs as well
cheers

Back