Beginner needing help!

M

Matt Liengie

I am a guitarist in a new rock band and I was wondering what equipment I wiill need to start recording our own stuff. Any advice will be more than useful.
thanx!:cry:

Possible Suggestions

Actually Korg makes an 8 track digital recorder specifically for guitar licks and you can find it in musicians friend website or your local music store...Whatever you get however, DONOT PURCHASE A TASCAM US 428!!! Stay away from that...Tascam is trying to market it, and really it does not supply you with all the software you need once you get it..The catch is, they lure you to buy the full CUbase after you get if for 1/2 price... Its a clever marketing stragegy... So instead of spending 500.00, you're actually spending a lot more.. Your best bet however is to go external since you are a musician and record a band, with the Korg 8 track recorder, or the ROLAND VS 1680, or 840ex....The 840 I think is discontinuted however,...Might be able to find a good used one on EBAY....Definitely go external, and get something specifically for recording like the ones mentioned...By the way, Yamaha put out a 24track recorder that even has the CD burner built inside, about 3 thousand bucks though. But probably well worth the money:cheers:

You have to be a little more specific for me to tell you the best bay for the buck but that korg thing is nice and so is the yamaha. I use a roland vs-1880 and i am quite fond of it but all three of those companies make nice equipment. You also have to keep in mind mics, headphones and monitors though. All of that can set you back alot. But when your looking at mics shure, akg, sennheiser, and of many others make some good mics at low cost. Just research before you spend alot of money. Hope i help you out. :)

Back