Any simple freeware pitch plugin to lower vocal pitch?

Jaiz

I've been searching for a pitch plugin for quite some time to lower the pitch of rapping vocals without affecting the vocals in any other way. No matter what I have found, it seems that every plugin I've tried screws up the pacing of the vocals. I also found that they all have added unwanted effects to the vocals where the vocals get choppy sounding, or adds distortion, a flanger like effect, or something that changes the sound of the vocals in an undesirable way. Does anyone know of a free plugin where you can easily manipulate the pitch of the vocal, and that is all? I'm not looking for a dramatic drop in pitch, nor am I looking for a pitch correction plugin. Any help would really be appreciated.

Well I should mention that I am using Adobe Audition 1.5, and MAutoPitch isn't compatible with AA 1.5.

AA1.5 is more than a decade old. Maybe it's time to update? I mean, nothing wrong with using old software but if it's causing you problems with compatibility, look into updating or upgrading.

There is a reason I stuck with Adobe Audition 1.5. It's the only recording software I really ever mixed vocals in, am very comfortable with it and know it so well, have years of vocal chains and presets saved, and I don't want to start from scratch with something else. Most vst and dx plugins work in it, just not all.

There has to be some simple plugin out there that will simply subtly lower a pitch of a vocal to my liking, and not affect any other part of the vocal including the speed of the vocal. I've tried MadShifta, pitch shifter, cakewalk pitch shifter, and tried other pitch plugins. They all add some weird effect to a vocal and/or change the vocal speed, throwing the vocals off beat.

Little Alter Boy (Not 100% on the name) by SoundToys does this. I don't use Audition, but real-time processes might not be the best alternative if you are having plugin issues. Are there any time-stretching options available in Audition?

You can also check out the plugin section on www.kvraudio.com. I did a quick search for pitch-shifting and time-stretching and found quite a few results that might be what you are looking for.

You can also check out the plugin section on www.kvraudio.com. I did a quick search for pitch-shifting and time-stretching and found quite a few results that might be what you are looking for.

Hey thanks the replies. AA does have Time-Stretching, but it's rare to have it not mess up vocals. I've tried using it in real-time many times, but it speeds up the vocals many times and will muffle up S's at times, and modify the overall sound of different words in a bad way. I played around with the settings with it, but no matter what, it will mess words up at some point. So I use it manually for words instead of a full vocal. I found various pitch plugins from kvraudio. I think I found pitch shifter and madshifta, but they really screw the vocals up. I don't believe sound toys is compatible with AA 1.5.

Back