Any Producers Out There? (Question About Studio Equipment)

DrizzyFromthe6

I'm a recording artist and in about a week I will be leaving the country for about 3 months and I want to take my studio equipment with me. I want to take My Drum Pad/Sampler (Maschine Studio), My Midi Keyboard (Novation Launchkey 61 Key), My microphone (Audio Technica), my audio interface (Apollo Twin), regular studio microphone stage, Pop filter, and maybe the reflective filter. I want to travel with the equipment because I want to be able to record whenever without paying for studio time. I will be leaving to another country in a different continent for a little bit. I already have a home there (I have family there) Is this a good idea? I know a lot of recording artist have done this, Drake, Kanye etc... The equipment already have a 2 year warranty. The flight is about 8 hours long. the equipment will be in the luggage and will not be on the plane with me. I'll only be carrying my computer (MacBook Pro) my Microphone (it has it's own pouch) and My camera for music videos.Should I travel with my studio equipment overseas or should I just rent studio time?

I don't see why not.. ideally you'd have flightcases and stuff, but if you don't then you don't. Isn't it possible to get some kind of luxury travel insurance that covers it?
Just make sure to package everything really tightly with plenty of padding, assume it will get thrown around, fall from heights etc... oh, and stolen.. so neutral packaging only.

I'm getting carrying cases today, but can I prevent theft by covering the equipment with something? like maybe wrapping it with clothes?

Back