Advanced technical analog console questions.

Hi,
I have some pretty Advanced technical analog console questions if anyone of you guys know the answer please help me out!

When your signal hits a analog channel on a console.
1) Does it hit the capacitors that are in the console first? and then the signal hits what ever hardware you have on your inserts? or is it after?

2) What component in the console actually creates the noise that we hear? is it the capacitors? and is noise added to the signal before or after it touches the capacitors?

3) What component in the console actually creates the harmonics that we hear? is it the capacitors? and are the harmonics that are added to the signal before or after the noise that is generated?

4) On the final two channels of the console where it is summed before going back into Pro Tools, are there capacitors and a transformer in them? & are these the only two channels that have transformers?

I am trying to figure out like the technical signal flow of a console.

Does it go??:

signal---->capacitor----->noise generated added from ???----> harmonics added from ??? -----> summing channels ----> summing channels capacitors---->summing channels noise generated added from ???----> summing channels harmonics added from ??? -----> summing channels transformer coloration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back