ableton compressor (audio vs midi)

iamdjkirk

hey guys! so when i drag a kick sample to an audio track and sidechain compress white air to that, it's beautiful and i never have to adjust it really... however, when i load an instrument rack, put my kick and snare in there, and i sidechain compress to a kick, it always sounds different and i can't get it just right... it has something to do with the kick sample as far as sustain, decay, attack, etc... but i don't think it really should, because even tho it's midi, it's the exact same file as audio, just put in midi, so why does my side chained compressed white air sound different?

thanks!!

The only thing I can think of is if the sampler (simpler, drum rack) you're using has a lower output set by default, hence why you'd need to adjust the compressor threshold differently.

But I don't know exactly what difference you're hearing so can't really tell.

The only thing I can think of is if the sampler (simpler, drum rack) you're using has a lower output set by default, hence why you'd need to adjust the compressor threshold differently.

But I don't know exactly what difference you're hearing so can't really tell.

i'll monitor that, and try to listen to the difference thats happening... thanks for your help man...

Back