A1Mastering.com ?

BeatsByCapone

Hey just wanted to see if I can get some feedback on a company i'm interested in trying out. Its called A1 Mastering, supposedly the provide Analog Mastering within 24 hours, Ive seen their website being promoted by reputable sources and I have a friend who actually tried them out, he let me listen and the results are actually great but Im wondering if anyone else has tried them out!

Online Audio Mastering Service | A1 Mastering

Well, it does seem a bit sketchy – maybe they're just starting out, but there are a couple of things that seem slightly suspicious: 1) there's no mention of the mastering gear/chain used (except a vague "3 pairs of high end monitors"). Most reputable mastering houses happily give you the specs of what's being used. 2) there's not a single real name anywhere and only a generic email address to contact them. 3) their social media sites are either basically empty or, like their Facebook page, doesn't exist. But hey, if shit gets done and it sounds good, who cares if it's a guy with a bunch of plugins?

With mastering, if it sounds good, and meets technical specs, then it IS good. That's all that matters. That said, I would never hire a mastering engineer who doesn't say who they are, by name, on their website. Same goes for a mix engineer, or a tracking engineer, or a session musician, etc. You run the highest risk of running into a wacko when you hire people who won't even say who they are on their own website.

Back