808s make static in speakers and headphones

jayvoorheez

What's going on fellow producers. I'm having problems with my mp3s on fl studio 11. Every time I export a beat to mp3 and play it on my phone or in the car, it makes a lot of popping and cracking in the speakers. I still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Do I need to mix a certain way to play my beats in the car on speakers? It makes the sounds alot when the 808s hit

sounds like distortion and clipping artefacts - audio example would be useful as there is so much information currently missing from your description that only the audio can answer/provide

one thing I would suggest is that you do not normalise your mp3 output - create the mp3 to reflect the actual levels arriving at the master buss. Also turn of your master buss limiter (I'm guessing but it is a reasonable guess based on the large number of poorly presented and justified tutorials available on youtube about how to make your track bang) and test again

Yea it's distortion and clipping. My mix must be too loud in the master. Because it was turning orange. Going over 0 dB I guess. Where is the master buss limiter in fl studio ?

check your fx slots on the master buss it is loaded by default and can cause all sorts of headaches like the one you describe here (there are others as well, the most common being why does everything drop in volume when my kick hits)

Back