Thread: 808 Distortion

Thanks

808 Distortion

Sign in to disable this ad
    What distortion plugins do the pros use for 808's?

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

Damn nobody knows

Thanks
    just get a multiband distortion bro. It's not really a "special" distortion because they all kinda sound the same lol
    Smokey

Thanks
    Distortion plugins play only a part of the sound processing for 808 kicks, you gotta worry about compression, Multiband Eq, a bunch of stuff.. For you to learn about these things, you just gotta research how that stuff works. Im no 808 pro at all, but there are tutorials out there for sure

Like my AstralOnix page & be updated on new beats Also post good music there. peace

Thanks
    It start with having good 808 samples....It usually ends with a good Tape simulator plugin.
    For beats to rap to there is only one place-------> ___________

Thanks
    Tape simulator plugin SOUNDS GOOD THANKS

Thanks
    I like to slightly overdrive a tape machine, the whole idea is to produce overtones so that people with shitty speakers can actually hear something, like if I hook my TR-808 up to a shitty sound system directly and tune my bass drum from high to low (I have an external tuning mod) you will hear a peak in volume then it will drop back down then oscillation followed by nothing, the same shit applies to those of you using a synth sub bass instead of pre-processed 808 samples like Tape 808, while monitoring without a decent sub you are not going to get an accurate representation of the bottom end without adding harmonics.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dathrill2002 View Post
    It start with having good 808 samples....It usually ends with a good Tape simulator plugin.
    I'm gonna have to try 'Tape Simulator Plugin' , I usually use FL's 'Fruity Dist Plugin'.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hollandturbine View Post
    I like to slightly overdrive a tape machine, the whole idea is to produce overtones so that people with shitty speakers can actually hear something, like if I hook my TR-808 up to a shitty sound system directly and tune my bass drum from high to low (I have an external tuning mod) you will hear a peak in volume then it will drop back down then oscillation followed by nothing, the same shit applies to those of you using a synth sub bass instead of pre-processed 808 samples like Tape 808, while monitoring without a decent sub you are not going to get an accurate representation of the bottom end without adding harmonics.
    how do you slightly overdrive a tape machine?

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bossdre05 View Post
    I'm gonna have to try 'Tape Simulator Plugin' , I usually use FL's 'Fruity Dist Plugin'.
    Fruity Dist Plugin is not the sound i want for some reason

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ View Post
    how do you slightly overdrive a tape machine?
    I plug the Bass Drum output of my TR-808 into a tape machine and I turn up the input gain so the needle goes into the red.

Thread Information