AT 3035 and M-audio Mobile pre USB

of course this is normal,so don't worry about it. You are using ONE mic...so there is no source for a second channel.

inspectrum said:
aite cool..so is it when you mix the track you dobble the voice to both tracks so its stereo?
thanks

No all tracks are recorded in Mono, you do a secound track 9layer Overdub0 manually, meening, re rap it sing it etc. never opy and paste the same track..never record in sterio, vocals that is

Adlib311 said:

never opy and paste the same track..never record in sterio, vocals that is

Never say never, my friend!! While I have never copied and pasted, you could do that, and move the waveform by a very small margin, and pan the track opposite the original. You could also set up a delay device on a bus, and feed the mono voice through that, on a short delay, no feedback, mix at 100%, panned opposite the mono voice. This way you get somewhat of a doubled feel without tracking a second voice. Of course, my preference is a truely doubled track, but sometimes that's not an option. You really just have to play around and find what sounds/feels good to you.

Also, you COULD track vocals in stereo, but you would need either two mics or a stereo mic. It's just not very practical is all. Recording things like acoustic guitars in stereo is not uncommon at all, though a mono signal is more common.

Last edited:
Back