24 BIT or 32 BIT float ???

djerenNL

Hi There i'm new and my english is F*ck*d up. So Sorry for that. But i have a problem. i USe Fl Studio 5.01 and i was producing a beat. when i was ready i called the Sound engineer for mastering and asked him what to do further. He said Export each Track 24 bit WAV files. But the problem is that FL STUDIO can only export 16 bit & 32 Bit Float. Now i dont know what 2 do. And i dont know what that 32 bit float is. IS 32 bit Float better than 24 bit??? Please someone help me. This song is gonna be a Official single release. someone who knows the answers of these questions? someone who can help???? :( :(

(i have a M-AUDIO Audiophile 192 soundcard 24/192)
(Thnx for reading)

16-bit should do. My mastering house always asks for a 16/44.1 mixdown, which is also the red book CD standard, even though I record in 24/44.8. Don't sweat it. (another proof why FL Studio suxxxx!)

I think the 32-bit float is the internal bit rate used by the floating point operations. It is not the bit rate of the output file. I've never heard of anyone recording in 32-bit. The ouptput file you waan send to your mastering house should either be an interleaved 16-bit or 24-bit stereo mixdown. 24-bit is much better, of course.

I doubt anyone could USE a 32-bit file. Most audio gear only accepts 16 or 24-bit audio files. I've never heard of anyone recording in 32-bit, not even the pros with gigantic studios. 24/96 seems more common. But to answer your questions: of course 32-bit sounds better than 24-bit sounds better than 16-bit sounds better than 8-bit etc etc etc. 1 bit sounds kinda rough around the edges ;)

What's your sample rate?

Giganova said:
I've never heard of anyone recording in 32-bit, not even the pros with gigantic studios. 24/96 seems more common.

What's your sample rate?

There is a reason to use 32bit float. I record in Cubase SX and use a 24 bit EMU 1212m. When you record as 32bit float you don't have to worry about clipping the DAW at all. Just make sure you don't clip the converters. ;)

Back