What types of camera's are used for recording?

Currently most indie filmmakers and those who shoot video clip etc use DSLR camera's. They have plenty of option, you can easily change lens, good resolution (most) and most of the times are cheaper than good Camcorders. It really depends on the project, but DSLR fits most projects

With a SLR like the Canon 650D in combination with a Glidecam HD-2000 it's already possible to do great and professional looking videos.
The vid of a track I produced was made with that equipment. I was really weirded out what is able with that minimum of technics.:bigeyes:

Canon 7D!

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Or you'll be set with any digital SLR to be honest.

Currently most indie filmmakers and those who shoot video cannon 6 D.
ITS GOOD IN QUALITY.
Nikon D 90 is best for better results!!!!!!!!!!

If you're asking you obviously dont know so start with a dslr but really all these responses are ass backwards.

People can make videos with dslrs but they are not meant for it. Thats why there are so many problems with auto focusing and the quality not looking like a film.

For film use a film cameras. Black magic, Red, Canon c-100 300 whatever

The price is more obviously but the sensors are bigger so the quality looks like film and they are meant for film.

Its just a new trend to shoot on dslrs because they have the capability now but please dont think thats what real music videos are shot on.

If you got a big budget get a sony xd pmw100 its awesome. but if your on a budget the canon t3i are awesome. they can be bought for less than $500 and you can get a good low light lens for less than $100. I know a lot of people will say dont use dslr but you cant beat the quailty for the price...now i wouldnt buy a 60d or 70d for film because u can get a real video camera like the sony xd for the same price or close.

Back