Nikon D5100 for video production/ freestyle videos

drage21

Whats good guys!!

Okay so for the past 6 months i have been running a youtube channel which focuses on doing freestyle videos and music videos with me and my team! for the best part of it we have been using other poeple to film, and then other people to edit!

Due to this fact we have been unable to update the channel as frequently as possible!

were looking to shoot videos like this

So the new thinking behing the plan is that we invest in our own Cam and do our own videos and editing!! i understand this woould take time to learn but this is something i would enjoy being able to do!!

I am currently looking at the nikon D5100 camera it is 16.2 MP and has video filming at 1080p

If you havent used it before here is the site Nikon D5100 Digital SLR | The New DSLR Camera from Nikon
Anyway i wanted to know if any one on here has any experience of this camera and wether it would be okay for the job in hand!
or
If your a videographer etc, if you think the spec is good enough for the job, and if not what you recommend

thanks guys

The spec for the camera looks fine, it has a flip out screen which you will find most useful, I don't see why you couldn't film a video like the one you posted. Just check out which Canon camera costs about the same and see if the spec varies at all.

Back