New YouTube music video show thecrossover.tv - looking for feedback on concept

CrossoverTV

Hi everyone,

We recently started a new YouTube channel called thecrossover.tv and would love for you to check it out and subscribe if you like what you see. The concept is we bring together 2 bands for each episode, each band performs an original track and then we "cross over" the bands to perform a cover together. For the cover, the idea is to deconstruct well known songs and introduce new bands to a bigger audience.

You will see from the production that we have tried to stick to a simple repeatable format to create familiarity. We already have 4 full episodes recorded which you can see on the channel, would love to get your thoughts, here is the latest video, a rocked up cover of "Bury a friend" by Billie Eilish performed by DC based band Stone Driver and Neenah Gee.

If you like the concept of the show, please subscribe to the YouTube channel

Peace

TheCrossoverTV

Really impressive work; I’m an amateur videographer and was impressed with the video direction and editing. Do you mind if I ask what editing software you are using? Again, phenomenal work and thanks for sharing! :bigeyes:

Thanks so much! Appreciate your feedback and we tend to work with the Adobe suite. We come from a video production background and it seems to be accepted as the industry standard. I like the fact that the different programs work well with each other (Premiere, audition, media encoder, after effects, illustrator, photoshop etc) so you have a lot of things you can do for audio and graphics as a result. For this series we have deliberately tried to keep a raw feel, we record the sessions live on DSLRs so hopefully that. is the vibe you get when you watch the videos. We want to create the feeling that the viewer is in the room with the band or artist getting a private show (which is what it is like for the film and audio crew when we are recording!).

I used to be an FCP7 user back in the day, loved that software but took the plunge with Adobe and no looking back.

I hope that helps

CrossOverTV

Thank you so much! Video definitely maintains a raw feel to me while still being very professional. I use FCPX but will definitely start learning more about the Adobe suite (I already use Photoshop quite a bit). Excellent work and thanks again for taking the time to reply!

Back