Music Videos for beats

prodbyalex

What's the most attractive way of making a video to match your beat? (for example, using a GIF that loops all the time, using a simple wallpaper, ...).

Personally I prefer to have something in the video moving, I just think it looks better and shows more effort than just having a picture. I think its cool even to have a moving spectogram coordinated with the music in the video overlaid over the artwork. Recently I have been finding stock free non copyright footage and adding effects so it fits the mood of my music eg. TC-EP by Tao C-S - YouTube But for my newest project I have found some found some old public domain footage from Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine that fits the my music and played that video as my music plays. Hope it helps :)

i just use simple pictures i did by myself , i would like to add some effects with sony vegas but im not good at that.. but anyway people will eventually stay for the music not for the picture :)

Last edited:
From my expeirence a gif is more attractive than a picture. I can watch a gif for a while, and it'll also make me come back to the video more, from my experience. Ofcourse the music is more important, but if you have to chose over a gif or a still image, I'd chose a gif.

Yeah.. a gif or a video is much better than a picture.. i keep it that way cuz i just use things that i do myself and im not good at making videos.. i dont use nobody else pictures , videos or gifs.. anyway
If u can make nice gifs or videos , ofc go for it :) ...

Have you guys used an app called "iMovie"? I've been using it to make videos for my beats. So far I've used videos of people dancing, supercars, scenes from movies etc.

Depends what you want to achive i guess. Even just a picture is legit for music but i like it too when it moves :)
And attractive is a matter of taste too.

I like to get creative and fool around with all the settings in Davinci Resolve (its basicly FREE!!! and professional video software) as i am a newbie in videos. Shooting footage outside myself or grab some from archive.org like TC-Beats&Raps said its nice source for lots of stuff, even samples for music!

you can check out my youtube i got 2 beat videos online maybe it inspires you :)
YouTube

cheers

Yeah I think is gif is best. A still image is cool if it's interesting to look at but'll be better with effects on it tbh.

Some people steal artists' music videos but even that's too much work and pointless...

I use After Effects for mine, then make a background image in photoshop of an image relating to the track.. about an hour to 2 to encode it, depending on content.

i had the exact question when i started getting into beats (two months ago)
i think that for slow/sad beat you should attach the beat with a sad anime gif, and for trappy hype beats you should put an anime trap hip hop design.
try to use adobe after effects and add a wave audio spectrum as well.
i uploaded today my first beat you should check it out for its design rather than beat itself( not trying to promote myself, please dont h8)
YouTube

I think it all depends on your objective as an artist - if you just want plays for a very commercial type song you can get away with just posting a still pic of the art or whatever. If it's something with subtle or emotive lyrics then you want to have a lyric video - even if it's just scrolling text. And then if it's music meant to encourage a mood then you want some kind of gif or movie clip that tells a story linked to the mood.

For all these options you can get a pro to do it or you can play around with it yourself - results may vary. There's expensive videos that don't even make 100k plays then simple cam uploads that make millions.

There is pages like video.net that provides short clips from different areas which is great to use for example youtube videos. Many of the clips are royalty free and you are allowed to use them in your videos :)

Actually I want to have something in the video moving, I simply think it looks preferable and demonstrates more exertion over simply having a photo. I think its cool even to have a moving spectogram facilitated with the music in the video overlaid over the work of art. As of late I have been discovering stock free non copyright film and including impacts so it fits the state of mind of my music eg Dafont 123Movies FileHippo
:offtopic:

Last edited:
I have been looking for a app that will overlap video. Came across touchviz that works pretty well to make trippy visuals. It cost 10 bucks but I thought it was worth the cash. However this app does not allow you to import music. it works pretty well to make some personal fx for use in I movie though. My gripe with I movie comes into play when I'm trying to match a beat. You can only cut a video section to 4 seconds. Touchviz seemed to remedy that for me. Plus if you have a projector set up it works like a vj device, witch it was originally intended for. Hardly super professional but a semi cheap way to dive in with video editing on the cheap.
If you want to see a example I uploaded a YouTube video called "god gave us oil"
It's not perfect but with some experimentation I think I can make something cool. Hope that helps.

Back