Martial Arts Inspired Music Video

Altuz

Musician, Audio Engineer
Hey ya'll!

I made this music video over the coarse of a couple of years, shooting the progress of a martial arts practitioner and I thought ya'll might find it to be pretty cool...

The performance was shot on a Sony FS7, and the martial arts footage was shot on the Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera.

Here is the link:

Motivational Martial Arts Music Video - "Stay The Fuck Out My Way" - YouTube

If there's any questions regarding the production feel free to ask and I'll be happy to help!

Thank you!

Hello Altuz, I enjoyed the mv very much, good job. I do have a question though. Why did you choose this format? Was it to add some dynamic or what was your thought process?

This was more of a "found footage" situation, whereby I had all this footage of a good friend of mine, who's a martial arts practitioner.

I always thought it would be great to utilize him in a music video, and when I wrote the song, it just seemed perfect for the visuals of martial arts. The scene of the two of us together breaking boards, and my performance on the rooftop, were the only two scenes that were shot specifically for the video.

When it came down to the edit, it was a matter of making a story using the existing footage. I didn't get the idea to record the last scene until I got down to edit, and realized that I needed some kind of conclusion.

Back