How To Make A Music Video

LiL Renzo Beats

Things you'll need:

1. High Quality Camera or at least a phone with decent camera.
  2. A camera man, or a tripod (camera man recommended)
  3. A good video editing software (I use Filmora)

Tip 1: Find A Good Location - Listen to the song you are wanting to shoot a video for. Feel its vibes, what kind of location do you think would fit the mood of the song? If it's a happy song you don't want to be in a dark alley for example. You can even shoot it in different locations but if you're a beginner just stick to one spot until you get the hang of things.

Tip 2: Close Up Shots - Sometimes in home made videos, I notice people are too far away from the camera. For the most part your camera man should be getting your chest and up. You could always get a full body shot for certain scenes but close up shots give it a more quality look.

Tip 3: Record Multiple Times - When recording your video, put your song on a small speaker or phone so you can sing along. Record yourself rapping or singing the song as many times as you can tolerate, I'd say 5 times minimum. Record from different angles. Have your camera man get close up shots, far shots, from left to right, as many as you can think of. Also if you can blur your camera in it gives it a pretty cool effect.

Tip 4: Short Clips - When editing your song make sure you change the clip every couple words. It could get boring if you have the same clip playing for too long. Also its nice to have a few shots of the scenery every so often, maybe the sky or just slow shots of things in the distance.

Tip 5: Video Filters - It's a good idea to have a good video editing software. I personally use filmora and they have a lot of really cool effects and filters built in. You could even get expansion packs too. But the software doesn't really matter as long as its easy to use and has good effects. I like to use two different filters and I change them every other clip. For example lets say I want to use a black and white filter and a moody filter. I would put the black and white one on the first clip, then the moody one on the second clip then the black and white one so on and so forth.

Here's a couple videos I made not too long ago, hopefully they inspire you to make your own!

This is a good tutorial bro, ive shot a lot of music videos and these are solid tips. I would personally stay in the Final Cut Pro, Avid, Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere Pro software side

Nice guide to give an overview. I would like to add that you should try to fit the video content with the music visually as well. Try to match the dynamics of both so they become a unite.

This is a decent instructional exercise brother, ive shot a great deal of music recordings and these are strong tips. I would actually remain in the Final Cut Pro, Avid, Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere Pro programming side
Lucky Patcher 9Apps VidMate

Last edited:
Back