Do you think charging low prices for videos is worth it?

Da Youngsta

I've seen guys using 5D's & 7D's charging between $100-$350 and their work is good. I know that if someone was shooting 10-15 videos per month at $250-$350 that would be pretty good money.

Does this cross out guys using the same cameras but charging $1000 or more? Or is it really all about how well some one markets/promotes their services? Are DSLR users stuck in the low price world because I dont know of any RED users charging low prices for work.

What do you think?

When you invest in high end equipment, you will have high end results. You should charge appropriately for how good your videos are. If you have a team of 3 guys, two Red cameras and have been in the business for 10 years, it would be absolutely unreasonable to make a video for anything less than a few thousand. Marketing is also important, but in the end you get what you pay for.

It's def worth it to charge low prices in the first 2 years of business as it helps to get a clientele and build up relationships. After some time then you can invest in better equipement and increase prices. It's a never ending circle until you achieve the price you wish to charge.

$1000 is way to much these days, everybody has a good camera, it's more about the Quality of the finished product.

Back