Actors for hire deal?

SunsetMan

Hello,

I have produced 3 music videos. Now I am
ready for my fourth musical production.

However, this one has approximately 12 actors that fill in the script.

My question is, how do I protect myself from issues such as video ownership and rights to the video production.

Most of the individuals are aqcqaintances and friends that want to be volunteers and are constantly asking me if I can let them be part of my next musical video production.

Given such a scenario I can’t present them with a formal acting contract because this will scare them away.

What can I do to have them agree that they will not own any rights to the production but by the same token not have them sign anything.

Any ideas are all welcome

Thank you in advance so much for your guidance !

SM

Hi Gregg,

Thanks for your reply .... it’s very appreciated!

So would something along the lines of this do it:

=================================
All musical video production rights of the song xxxxxx will remain the property of xxxxxx.

All acting services performed by you on the filming sets will be work for hire.

Xxxxxx offers the possibility as per your discretion to publicize your contact information in the credits section of this musical production.

Your colaboration towards this production is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
=================================

I'm not an attorney, but I would say that that would suffice; the key phrase being "Work for Hire." There are contract and release form apps you can get for your smartphone nowadays, by the way. You might want to look at that, rather than reinventing the wheel.

GJ

Hi RhythmMG

Yeah I could do that but most acquaintances (friends) get scared when they see a document is to well written!!

I just want them to be able to read it in plain English but at the same time I need to make sure what they read really says what it means which is that they won’t have any rights what so ever on the production.

Anyhow thanks for your reply!

SSM

Back