Is your thread missing?

sleepy

If it is, it has probably been moved.

Lately people have been posting all types of topics in the newbie forum.

This is not a general music questions forum, this is for people getting started.

Please post your threads where they belong.

If you are asking about how to make a sound, we have a sound design forum for that. If you are asking about how to put songs together so that they don't sound boring, there's the composing forum and also the music theory forum.

If you have a question about a specific software program post in the software section. If you have a question about hardware, then post in the hardware section, etc...

If you have 500+ posts or more or less depending on your posting habits and have been here for months I have ot break it to you. You are not getting started. You are at a point where you should have a decent feel of what you are doing. You will often get more detailed help in other forums because there are posters with good knowledge that do not frequent this forum.

So please, post threads where they belong and help keep this forum organized. This will help people getting started and will help you get your questions answered better.

And like Carnage wrote already, stop making useless threads.

I have 500+ posts, but still regulary have newb questions..! Cmon man dont take my floaties off yet

good post sleepy :cheers:

organisation is everything, especially in big and frequently visited forums as this one, and it's the only way to keep a good overview!

too many people post in here, simply because they don't feel like posting somewhere else (or haven't seen the other forums, or simply want to discuss some offtopic, or i just don't know or understand their reasons)

wreckd said:
I have 500+ posts, but still regulary have newb questions..! Cmon man dont take my floaties off yet

You will get less responses in other forums but most will be way more helpful. Check out the other forums and look at the type of responses people usually get. Specially in the mixing and tracking forums but specially in the other forums also.

baggysound said:
good post sleepy :cheers:

organisation is everything, especially in big and frequently visited forums as this one, and it's the only way to keep a good overview!

too many people post in here, simply because they don't feel like posting somewhere else (or haven't seen the other forums, or simply want to discuss some offtopic, or i just don't know or understand their reasons)

I feel that if this is the "getting started" forum then all questions should be left in here. I mean if I ask a question Im looking for an answer quick. Now I have to wait days before I get a reply ( for example like I am now because you moved my thread). I cam see if Im waaay off but Im asking a question about cubase and my thread gets moved but this dude post "this thread is off topic" blah blah and that stays... WTF!?!?

Last edited:
right, agreeing with something = dickrider
:rolleyes:

Please don't disrepect Baggysound, peekabooboo (167 posts)

peekabooboo said:

I feel that if this is the "getting started" forum then all questions should be left in here. I mean if I ask a question Im looking for an answer quick. Now I have to wait days before I get a reply ( for example like I am now because you moved my thread). I cam see if Im waaay off but Im asking a question about cubase and my thread gets moved but this dude post "this thread is off topic" blah blah and that stays... WTF!?!?

Don't flame, this is your warning.

This is not up for discussion.

Trust me, some questions are better off in other forums.

Getting started questions will remain here. Questions that need a bit more detailed answers will go in the other forums. There's a difference between a member that just joined and has baerly a clue of what to do and someone that has gotten started and is already on their way.

Posting simple questions that need simple answers will not further your personal progress, venturing onto these other forums will help you advance even further.

peekabooboo said:

i don't think all questions should stay in the "getting started" forum

and to be honest: if you're looking for an answer quick, then use the search function or google, because if you do proper research you can find your answers quicker than waiting for someone else to reply (and next to it gaining much more background knowledge on the side, than having someone simply telling you "a is a" and "b is b" without knowing why it's like this..unless of course you have studied the very basics and understand all the relations, but i doubt that you'd be posting in the getting started forum in this situation anyhow)

if i post that a thread is offtopic, then it's simply due to the fact that it really IS offtopic..

i don't know about you, but i am here to contribute my knowledge.. i have learned much on this site myself, but the days that i'm asking a lot of questions that can be solved that quickly are more or less over (which doesn't mean that i don't learn by reading other peoples posts, or ask no questions at all.. but i don't feel offended if i don't receive a reply after 2 or 3 weeks, simply because i rather have nobody answering than having others hijack my thread)

so the reason i am on this site now is to help others, that are just starting out and need help or guidance.. and of course to talk to some members that have been helpful to me, and became friends.. fp is like a family

i have been told a lot of times, that my posts are informative and helpful (see for instance my tutorials about matching bpm's in the sampling forum), so i know i'm doing the right thing in contributing my share

i just know that it's hard for many people to start out properly, if they don't have any plans on where to start, because i've been in this situation myself and i've had lots of people giving me help (of course next to doing my own research, which was way more than posting)

one problem for newbies is that some people are easily confused due to information overflow when they start out..

to post in the proper forums or threads is an important part of keeping a good overview and keeping everything organized, not only for those that need help, but also for those that try to help..

there are certain rules on this site, which nowadays hardly anyone of the newer members seem to follow (like for instance not just using "help" or "question" as a topic, instead of adding the main information like "help on deciding on a dac" or "question about midi program changes" so you know right away what this thread will be about and if you can help or not)

if you then hijack a thread it's not only inpolite for the owner of the thread, but you would have people mix multiple topics and confuse people that are just starting out that don't know that those two topics might be in absolutely NO relation to each other, also you would have some people NOT looking into the thread at all, because they think it's a different topic (without knowing it has been hijacked)

we are thousands of members on here, with almost a million posts, so organisation IS the key to keeping this up and running and informative as it is

damn baggy I hope you didnt expect me to read that book you just wrote...

On the other hand, you do know I was just messing with you, right?

peekabooboo said:
damn baggy I hope you didnt expect me to read that book you just wrote...

On the other hand, you do know I was just messing with you, right?

i thought so, because i know you from other posts, but of course i wasn't quite sure, so i made a general statement ;)

but to be honest: reading is gaining knowledge, and if you don't even read those few lines i wrote, how would you read some 40 or 50+ page tutorials or guides??

or would you simply post a thread in the getting started forum and wait for a reply and wonder why the thread has been moved :D just kidding ;)

btw: i currently have to study two 500+ page books for work..
all technical hardcore information about the basic functions/setup of networks, the osi layer model, copper/optical fiber, tcp/ip, ip addressing, vlans, operation, administration and setup of routers and switches, transparent bridges, spanning tree and other protocols, network design and have to memorize EVERYTHING! until early december for a test that costs approx 3000US$ so i don't want to mess that up.. and that is just the first of 6 certificates i am planning on making (the others are even harder and more technical)

but well apparently nowadays most people are just spoiled watching tv and searching the internet for quick info.. but like this you'll never MASTER the crafts, because you simply miss the important basics that everything builds upon..

sorry for offtopic

If you wish to see all of your past posts, find one of your posts and click on your post count to do a search on your name and find your previous posts.

If you cannot find a post that you made, use the search function and run a search on your user name.

Posting in the forum specific to your problem will also keep your thread from getting pushed down and eventually to the second page.

So yes, it may take a little longer to get a reply but you have better chances of getting a solution to your problem without having your thread pushed down and then feeling the need to bump.

And please, do not bump, imagine if everyone chose to bump their threads. Posting in the correct forum will remove the need to bump.

Back