you guys know Les Claypool? (PRIMUS, south park song...)

mano 1

Founder
Staff member
do you guys know Les Claypool? He is an AMAZING bassist! He is SO fast.

Listen to the alnum "Pork Soda" by Primus, its a great album.

Just thought i'd post see if you guys know him and what you think of him.

Les showing off his 6 strings ultra-custom bass guitar
Look1.gif

Les cartoon-ed for the south park clip
lfsouth.jpg

I know this is well late, but I LOVE PRIMUS.

They fking kickass. That Les Claypool with his slapping styles.
Ive got Sailing the Sea of Cheese and The AntiPop
Both wikid albums - buy them

hehe
I like "wounded knee" the best

hehe.. what can I say, I'm a sucker for marimba pieces :-D

Les Claypool

Cool, you know Les Claypool, only one of my heroes. I've been a fan of Primus since I was 14 (about 12 years ago, time flies) and I couldn't agree more with you that Pork Soda is indeed a great album. In fact, and I say this in all subjectivity, all of their albums. The fact that Les and and the other Primuses just go ahead and play what they like and not what the big moguls like, is perhaps naive but it shows that their aim is to play music, experiment, be creative, be artists if you like. They couldhave easily basked in heaps of money after their relative success with 'Too many puppies" (a small hit even in Belgium) but they didn't. No wonder perhaps that one of theirlater albums is called 'Antipop'. Anyway, I'm rambling, but I don't find a Primus-fan every day.

Cheers.

Is that kid from Possessed still on guitar, that redhead with the page haircut? He kicked a§§! Few notes and crummy guitar sound, but perfect in the context.

not that i'm a hippy but.....

primus came onstage with phish for one of thier shows in las vegas. i would love to hear that tape but can't find it. it was the second encore, my friend had bootlegs of the show and first encore but not the second..........

now that i don't know so many hippies i'm never going to hear it.... (sigh)

yo, first time in this forum area.. but had to put my tag here and give big big shout outs to Primus and Les Claypool, the illest bassist to ever walk to earth.... aside from Flea :D

Big ups Big ups!

article

Oh wait...

cant forget one of the fourfathers of Bass; Charels Mingus!

Hey Mano, I went on tour with Primus back in the day. I was a guitar tech for Fishbone, and we they opened for us for about 4 months. Cool guys, especially Ler who I hung out with a lot. Les always seemed "sickly" like he had a permenant cold. He wouldn't let anyone use a lighter when smoking bowls with him (because of the lighterfuid lol)

Anyhoo, Les rocks.:) Here they come...

jizzer

jizzer said:
Hey Mano, I went on tour with Primus back in the day. I was a guitar tech for Fishbone, and we they opened for us for about 4 months.

WOAH!!

:bigeyes:

haven't listened to any Primus yet. i'm starting to learn bass, so I will probably pick up Pork Soda for a listen.

= chiisu

Frizzle Fry is the ****-
Its too bad Claypool dumbed it down with Frog Brigade and Oyster Head. He used to be the man-

Been a fan of Les' playing for years. Back in the day, I used to see the Primus dudes hanging out & playing the local clubs here in the Bay Area all the time.

Back