Yamaha YPT-200 and Fruity Loops

R

RedDrama

Ok I just got a YPT-200 for free and I wanted to know if I am able to hook this keyboard up to Fruity Loops Studio 6. Am I able to use it as a kind of MIDI controller and use it to control the sequencer in FL? And What exactly do I need to hook it up to my computer/laptop.

I don't know anything about that particular keyboard, but, basically you can use any keyboard that has MIDI with FL. Haven't heard of any you can't so far.

You have to hook it up to your computer either through USB cable or MIDI cable, depending on what outs is on the keyboard. If there's only MIDI-out and no USB, you need a MIDI-in port on your computer of course. So if you don't have a soundcard with one, you can buy a new soundcard, or you can buy a MIDI-interface.

I haven't used conversion cables like the one Eirebeatz mentioned, but I'm sure that also will work fine.

Last edited:
So that is all that I need a, MIDI inteface? But is that good enough for me to control the piano roll on Fruity Loops or is it just to play the sounds on my keyboard into FL? Because im using it for controlling the piano roll.

Also thanks for the fast replys major kudos to you 2

Yeah, that's all you need. You can control whatever you want, piano roll, link any knobs, buttons and sliders on your keyboard to controls in FL, play any VST synth, sampler, etc.

Last edited:
yeah it will work, i dibble and dabble wit fl myself, i have the newer ypt300 though and it works with no problem, just hook up the midi calbes and go!

Back