Would you pay for chord progressions, MIDI, and sample loops?

What's up guys and girls, I am a pianist/producer from Seattle. Looking to create and sell sample packs of some really dope, cutting edge chord progressions/loops for producers like yourselves.

My questions for you guys are...

1) How many of you would consider paying for a large pack of dope chord progressions/loops in MIDI /WAV form?

2) How much would you pay? (ex. $10 for 300 progression/loops)

3) What would deter you from buying a such a thing? (Other than not liking the sounds)

I plan on using industry standard VSTs like omnisphere2 and providing MIDI along with WAV files. All the samples would be royalty-free and would contain tempo, key, and, loop length (in measures/beats).

I am very curious in hearing your input. There is a lot of talent here in this forum. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!

Welcome to FP as this place could use actual musicians and not just button pushers who eschew theory. Please know that many at FP are of the "free" generation i.e. they d/l cracked software and have the nerve to ask how can they make sounds like any flavor of the day hot producer.

Personally I'd pay the amount you state in #3 and how long have you been musical?

Last edited:
Thank you! A reddit user said the same thing. I've been involved in music for nearly 12 years now. Started playing guitar at age 14 (rock/metal) and later learned piano & sampling techniques. Was deeply inspired by(9th wonder/Dilla) type productions. Currently riding the Atlanta trap wave like you mentioned :)

Welcome to FP as this place could use actual musicians and not just button pushers who eschew theory. Please know that many at FP are of the "free" generation i.e. they d/l cracked software and have the nerve to ask how can they make sounds like any flavor of the day hot producer.

I don't think people here engage in such activities.
:o

I really appreciate the reply,

I'd also LOVE to hear examples of some songs with sounds that you'd be looking for.
I'm trying to add the most value I can and have been asking these questions on multiple forums. Any and all data helps tremendously!

:sing:

Last edited:
What's up guys and girls, I am a pianist/producer from Seattle. Looking to create and sell sample packs of some really dope, cutting edge chord progressions/loops for producers like yourselves.

My questions for you guys are...

1) How many of you would consider paying for a large pack of dope chord progressions/loops in MIDI /WAV form?

2) How much would you pay? (ex. $10 for 300 progression/loops)

3) What would deter you from buying a such a thing? (Other than not liking the sounds)

I plan on using industry standard VSTs like omnisphere2 and providing MIDI along with WAV files. All the samples would be royalty-free and would contain tempo, key, and, loop length (in measures/beats).

I am very curious in hearing your input. There is a lot of talent here in this forum. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!
See, I wouldn't pay for chord progressions and midi packs because I know music theory
BUT for a good pack with high quality samples I would consider spending some bucks
Good luck!

Hi there,

Personally I don't buy piano or chord loops as it detracts from the satisfaction I get from music creation. However that may change into the future! If I ever did purchase loops I don't think I would pay more than £30 but it would depend on how well I believe it would add value.

Back