Why are you so skeptical?

B

Beatztik

I'm in search of artists that are willing to have their music mixed by a relativly new mixer. The only things I want out of it is to mix and to make some friends. I don't want to steal your music or whatever. I can make my own, but I'm tired of mixing my own.
Lets hear your thoughts on the topic.
*dont close the thread this time admins!

Brent

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to tell you but its gonna be closed again cause there are have been a few threads like this that have turned out to be scams.

Thanks for the offer but I can mix my own music well so I'm not really interested.

and i can......0 wait i forgot i cant rap

but any way sure man illl send u 16 of my best tracks threw email i dono how to mix yet,so i didnt get my beats copyrighted so when your done i will
if anything just to be safe on your half we can sign a cotract saying i let you have my beats to borrow or ill just right you made them ,but of course if u blow ,i made them ,.......look fwd to hearing from ya

Last edited:
it sux to deal with a skeptical world, and if your honest, then you don't deserve this response. But...........
Your offer is high risk/low reward. Your a new mixer, so your not gonna take the trak to the next level, most likely. However, people who send an anonymous stranger hard earned beats on seperate tracks have little recourse if the beat is copied, stolen, etc. As for copyright, it won't help anything. The truth is, acopyright does very little. A beat ain't like a car, where you call the police, who seize from the thieves for you using tax dollars. You have to higher an attorney, litigate, etc. Plus the pain of being beat-raped.

I dunno if your honest, but you had to know the response to your offer would be a ruff one to swallow. Do you give your house keys to strangers with no resume who offer to clean your bathroom for you while your not home?

Beatztik said:
Well, I guess the only way to find out is to try.

thats like if you said A gun will NOT kill you if you put it at your head and pulled the trigger, then said the only way to find out is to try

well, I wouldnt go that far.
I acually got an email from a guy willing to give it a try. I'm sure he'll post his comments about me after we finish a mix.

Beatzik,

Do you make beats? If so, you probably would better off Mixing your tracks to perfection. Thats how I do it. The more of your own material that you mix, the better you'll get.

The music industry is filled with snakes tryin to make a come-up. I believe your intentions are good, but its gonna be hard to get someone to send you their un-mixed tracks. If you do receive some, be honest and do ya thing. As long as you're legit, It'll come back to you in big ways!

Good Luck, kid

40Beatz said:
Beatzik,

Do you make beats? If so, you probably would better off Mixing your tracks to perfection. Thats how I do it. The more of your own material that you mix, the better you'll get.

The music industry is filled with snakes tryin to make a come-up. I believe your intentions are good, but its gonna be hard to get someone to send you their un-mixed tracks. If you do receive some, be honest and do ya thing. As long as you're legit, It'll come back to you in big ways!

Good Luck, kid

What's funny is that this post in itself is ALMOST ENTIRELY wrong.

Any studio engineer with a half a brain and a degree will tell you that it's often not a good idea to mix your own tracks especially if you've been listening to the same track over and over again for some time. It's called ear fatigue. I'm pretty damn good at mixing my own material, but mixing is a craft within itself, and I've always enjoyed mixing for other unknown producers rather than working on my own works. The only advice I could give to someone who doesn't have other material to practice on would be to....

...record your tracks and set them aside for a day or two. Don't come back to mix them until the music sounds fresh again in your head. Otherwise I guess you're just stuck with what u have to work with.

The same could be said for mastering as well.

Hey guys,

I just recieved tracks from a gent, I'll ask him if I can post the mix on my website and you all can judge.

Brent

OsamaPigLatin said:

What's funny is that this post in itself is ALMOST ENTIRELY wrong.

Any studio engineer with a half a brain and a degree will tell you that it's often not a good idea to mix your own tracks especially if you've been listening to the same track over and over again for some time. It's called ear fatigue. I'm pretty damn good at mixing my own material, but mixing is a craft within itself.

Any studio engineer with a half a brain will tell you to mix your tracks with the best clarity! Meaning, dry, without too much effect, compression, etc. It's probably not a good idea to master your own tracks. Thats because its good to have a different perspective on your tracks.

But as far as mixing your own tracks, WHY NOT!?!
He gotta start somewhere. Only his ears know what sounds best to him.

So go ahead Beatzik, Practice by mixing your tracks and others as well. After awhile you'll get better at it!

Back