Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why post on YouTube??

Thanks

Why post on YouTube??

Sign in to disable this ad
    So I'm in the process of trying to build my producing business just like the rest of us are. I keep getting recommendations from friends and fellow producers to post my beats on YouTube. Yes I understand that its one of the biggest websites in the world next to Google and Facebook, but I'm still iffy. To me it seems like by posting beats on there you are just asking to get jipped. I can name like 5 websites that you can use to download audio from a youtube video, and I'm sure some cheapass "I don't pay for beats" rappers know them too. So, do you use YouTube?

"I love a liar, but I hate a cheater." -Ari Gold

Thanks
    Just don't post the full beat. Then they can't download it.

Thanks
    keep your best beats off youtube and only throw up the rest of em, then in the description add a link to your own site where you can get people to buy the rest. otherwise tag them if youre afraid of being ripped off.

Thanks
    I don't post beats on youtube. & If I do have a sample of my work playing itll be in the background and eventually cut off. You have a soundcloud; utilize that. My youtube is used for tutorials, beat making videos, and songs I produced that are completed (meaning a full song).
    Record Producer, DJ & Mixing Engineer |www.TrillTrax.com
    Tallahassee, FL

Thanks
    I would recommend posting lower quality, highly tagged audio files anywhere on the internet. The more content you have available, the more chances to be heard.
    WIth that being said, I would also recommend a disclaimer to the listener that the music they hear is not the best quality and can be purchased in a high quality format, untagged, next to a link directing them to where they can do so.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatBrokerz View Post
    I would recommend posting lower quality, highly tagged audio files anywhere on the internet. The more content you have available, the more chances to be heard.
    WIth that being said, I would also recommend a disclaimer to the listener that the music they hear is not the best quality and can be purchased in a high quality format, untagged, next to a link directing them to where they can do so.
    smart.../..
    PRODUCED FOR SOULJA BOY/HONEY COCAINE/LIL B BEATS > http://www.youtube.com/user/CocaineAudi0 TWITTER =@SlurRty

Thanks
    Tag your beats & you should be fine...
    LISTEN TO MY BEATS
    Worked with Chamillionaire, Tha Joker, Taylor Gang, Tha Alumni, Kid PhaSe, & more...

Thanks
    I do not use Youtube, stricly Reverbnation and Soundcloud. Because those sites turn your quality down to 128. So it does the work for you. You should tag those as well, I personally don't, because I'm still looking for a female to do my tag but if you know how you can take people's beats off Soundcloud, but I'm not going to disclose how.

Thanks
    Best advice from rayzer IMHO....

I would not recommend NOT using You Tube at all because that is just stupid. That is like saying don't put your stuff in Wal Mart if you sold something like shirts for example. You can't ignore the selling power of Wal Mart and you can't ignore the power of You Tube. You just have to work smarter thats all, but to not use it at all is leaving a lot of possible exposure to your music on the table. Use your less than great beats, or just part of your beats or whatever, but I would not pass up the free exposure......that makes ZERO business sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [URL]http://beatseeds.com[/URL]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetic View Post
    So I'm in the process of trying to build my producing business just like the rest of us are. I keep getting recommendations from friends and fellow producers to post my beats on YouTube. Yes I understand that its one of the biggest websites in the world next to Google and Facebook, but I'm still iffy. To me it seems like by posting beats on there you are just asking to get jipped. I can name like 5 websites that you can use to download audio from a youtube video, and I'm sure some cheapass "I don't pay for beats" rappers know them too. So, do you use YouTube?
    If you're trying to make money from your beats then keep them off of YouTube, because it's an entertainment platform and not a business platform. Purchases are not made via YouTube; therefore, it doesn't make since to use it for business transactions. Instead, fir the best results, use YouTube to entertain people: music videos, comedy, tutorials, etc.

If you're goal is to sell beat downloads, use a music player that handles money transactions via paypal. Create a website, if you don't have one already, and embed the music player on it. Once you have your website, funnel traffic from YouTube to the beat store. Needless to state, your YouTube content would need to be catered to beat buys. There are tons of ways to do that, all you need to do is be reach the right people at the right time, easy enough right? You know how to reach me, so get at me if you need ideas.

Brought to you by IndieHost

Thread Information