why does every one wanna be a producer now days?

thats a good question, and also some of these dudes do it for straight money and make trash beats, i got 2 dudes tryin to use me to make beats, lol, but i aint runnin wit that shyt

Better question, Why does everyone want to be a rapper now days?

......why do YOU guys wanna be producers? good chance thats why a lot of other people do too.....

peace.

^^ agree also ,its just sad to see how many ppl count on it and the word sucess can hypnotize minds sum times i had ppl pm me and say man how do u do this and what do i need to sound like kanye please please help me i reaaly wanna be good at this ....little do some people know the struggle to even get a local buzz,i think its fl studios fault no offense to its fans but such a easy acces prgam can infulence alot of minds ,harsh

i didnt even know i wanted to produce at first, i used to walk around wit beats in my head too so i guess that was a drivin force for me, i d/l the FL demo, i couldnt stop openin it, then i started on to reason 2.5 and i couldnt stop usin it, i wanted to make real rnb beats, and i used to get fustrated at it, but i neva cared for sellin my beats, to this day my beats are for my personal aspiration, i could sell them but they are hard to let go, i dont mind someone usin my tracks as long as they can sing good, sounds unprofessional, but i love makin beats, i cant help it, its my crack, lol

thats kind of a strange opinion there few pads....

so do you think that its because there are apps that are so cheap that everyone wants to make music? and that is a bad thing?

cuz a dumbass on an mpc makes the same beats as a dumbass on FL. and theres dumbasses all over the world, FL or not. i guess in a way i agree with you, cuz for sure there are way more people makin beats now cuz of FL and reason. but how many of those consider themselves producers, and how many really aim to make a career out of it? sure, some do, and prolly a lot more than before, but its still a whole lot of people makin beats in their bedrooms for themselves and their friends.

for example mike who just posted while i was typing. i think sh1t like that is great. i think EVERYone should be makin music at home for themselves. why not? its not hurtin nobody. but do you consider those at home folks to be producers in the sense youre talkin about? i dont, and i dont think that thay really affect what a 'real' producer does every day. and obviously mikes goal is not to be the next kanye. he does it cuz its fun. and if someone like that has talent that happens to be a a threat to a 'real' producer, then good for him. i think theres a hell of a lot more talent in the worlds bedrooms than there ever has been in the worlds studios.

peace.

I think the fact that the technology for creating music is becoming more accessible (and, generally speaking, substantially cheaper) has started making people realise that they can do this. While posters here love to establish their "professional" cred by criticising apps like eJay, the MTV Music Generator line etc, these apps are giving people an insight into the compositional structure of music that they've never had before.

i think EVERYone should be makin music at home for themselves.
So do I. And I honestly think that as people begin to see how easy it really is (and it's just going to get easier), more of them will do so.

Then again, I'm an idealist. I'd much rather live in a world of active creators than passive consumers, y'see.

Here are a few things to think about.

1. It is fun! (and the mroe the merrier I say...hot or garbage...music belongs to NO ONE)

2. It is NOT a zero sum game...there is plenty of money out there to get by everyone so when you only compete against your own ability...no one else matters...everyone can make money with beats...even, as some have stated, with crappy beats...the reason is that there is plenty of money out there and also making hot beats and selling yourself and your beats are TWO DIFFERENT but EQUALLY IMPORTANT skills for every producer who in it for money.

3. Did I mention it is fun?

It's funny, 5 years ago, everyone wanted to be a DJ. Now people have realized what a DJ actually does (or doesnt do), and they want to make their own stuff. Maybe in 5 more years, they'll all want to be managers or A&R reps!?

That would be alright, I wouldnt mind having a manager.

i produce for the sex lol. naw really tho ive wanted to do for a long time. Ive always wanted to be a part of music but I dont like to draw alot of attention to myself too much. So producing was just a natural stage for me

I dont want to be a producer! I want to be a C.E.O. of my own record lable. Its just that i have the skills to make good music so i keep cost down by me making the tracks for now. I really love the business side of things. I feel coming up with ways to make a dollar has always been easier than come up with something that will be a hit. As of righ now im on a roll with both so go figer!

It used to irritate me because I feel like you should have a passion and a gift for it. But then I thought, would Micheal Jordan get pissed when he sees some kids playin basketball?

So I figure let em have fun and dream, not everyone can be a timbaland, a Dre or me.:cool:

"why does every one wanna be a producer now days? "

Good question !!
I think most of them *think* they'll get the big money and girls and fame like Dr. Dré / Usher / Jay-Z / ...
Sorry but keep on dreaming... Even if you ARE very good you'd still need the relationships with the big guys to make it happen. Sorry I don't wanna sound offensive but just realistic.

And personally I make trance / techno / electro / dnb / lounge and I do it because I just like it ; I've been in love with music since I was a little kid and that will never change. And I dó have some serious relationships in the biz but I don't wanna make big music money because I'm afraid the passion will be killed by money.
Remember John Miles: "Music was my first love...and it will be my last". :p

For me, i got sick of listening to the same crap the whole time with not many people innovating.
.....and i also thought i could do better.
Only time will tell.

For me, its all about the rush and satisfaction of people vibing to my music. It doesn't really matter whether I'm in my living room playing my latest track to friends, doing a gig or DJ'ing. I started out Djing, and it made me feel ecstatic when the crowd got off to what I was playing. Then I thought "damn, if it feels this cool playing other buggers stuff how cool would it be if it was my own shyte!" Obviously, its also about the satisfaction and fulfilment I feel when a track is done and dusted.
I've always had music in me - my dad was a proffessional musician and so it's been with me since childhood. I don't think its a negative thing that so many are getting into it - it can only be positive. There will always be crap around, and the sad state of affairs is that crap will sell, because joe bloggs is after an easy listen and not to challenge their ears and perception. It's huge money out there, and so those who have the best marketing team behind them will almost always win. This has more to do with image than musical ability. That's why crap like Usher, Lil John, Lindsey Lohan et al will always outsell proper musicians that truly care about their craft. The big record companies could tell you which singles will be in the end of year top ten on January 1st just based on who they will push. This is totally independent on whether the amount of hobby producers increase/decrease.

i started makin beats to rap on, i think thats what most 'producers' did.
i know kanye did and that boolah guy.

related question

why does everyone wanna be a rapper?

answer: because people who nothing about rap think anyone can do it because you dont need a good voice like you do to be able to sing (even tho no pop singers can) and because it looks easy to just pick up a mic and talk and also because they see all the money and cars and shyt and think theyll get that

and if 90% of "producers" started makin beats for them to rap on and 90% of rappers wanna rap because of the reasons i said above then thats the answer to your question seeing as the word "everybody" always means less than Everybody.

I started making beats cuz I was inspired by soul beats. I too had my jump on FL and i'm still learning. People said I was good so I just continue to do that as my new found hobby. I'm a professional chemist...but I love beatmaking (would'nt call myself a producer) in my spare time.

Want Beats? www.guillotineproductions.tk

Back