Where's the torrent of guitarists?

i don't think it's true what u say about jimi being a puppet and i am a little offended (but just a little :))

what happened is that Jimi signed a recorddeal back in the day when he started out (desperate to get a recorddeal). then he got famous and all with hey joe and purple haze. but then he got bored playing the same old songs over and over. he wanted to get out of the experience but then he couldn't do what he wanted with the band of gypsies because he couldn't get out of the old recorddeal legaly without paying ****loads of money.
i think this is one of the reasons why he ended his life.

about jimi smashing his guitar and setting his guitar on fire: i heard he wasn't told to do this, it was suggested by chas chandler saying: wouldn't it be cool if .... ((the bassist of the animals), i think, could be the birds, don't know exactly anymore)

i personaly think that his performances were the best and that he made his best music with the band of gypsies
i just like the music he made, everytime i here him i feel ... it's hard to explain, i just find his song's and technique are the best i've heard.

don;t know if you've noticed but i'm a big jimi fan. :D

i can't understand why you compare jimi with n'sync, that's like comparing a rolls royce with a trabbant (eastgerman car, i think). also it's a completly different time now, groups like n'sync are just created by the recordcompanies to make money for the recordcompanies, i think it's crap.

i didnt mean a direct relationship between n-sync and jimi, just the same way we use puppet.. they are told what to do as is jimi, of course jimi was a fantastic musician, one of my personal favourites, but he just compromised what he did and how in order to make cash. some people call that selling out.. i dont belive in selling out as everyone wants to make a living from what they love! he just got a bad rap from his company.

lets not talk about n sync at least when we r talking about guitarists!!!!

get back to track people!!!
:cry:

I haven't heard a 'real' instrument in any of N'Suck's songs whatsoever, so them using guitars is probably like that Jimmy Ray guy a couple of years back - swinging them around to look more 'rock'.

actually, a few of their songs have acoustic guitar intros. But all the electronic stuff is written on keyboard first, then transposed to a guitar sound, and played on a strat during their live concerts.

For the latest CD, BT just mixed a lot of cool sh*t.

Jimmy Ray, I remember him from like 96 or 97. What the hell was that song called?

r u jimmy ray...who wants to know who wants to know

this was the song..r u talking bout him????:victory:

boy, was he ugle or what? he looked like a reject from the cast of 90210.

Was that the fella that sang "achy, breaky heart?" The man had bravery. Re nice guitar music, Nick Drake's rather good - incredibly strong fingers apparently...

No, "Achy Breaky Heart" was Billy Ray Cyrus or Garth Brooks or one of those nerds. Jimmy Ray was trying to look like a cool 50s rocker, but ended up about as cool as Jamie Walters. He was absolutely terrible, don't think he ever got the chance to do a second single.

Nick Drake is fantastic, everytime I'm sad I listen to "Bryter Layter" and "Five Leaves Left" and just wallow in my misery. And eat a lot of ice cream.

On an acoustic tip, by the way - John Martyn is an absolutely brilliant finger style guitarist.

Billy Ray Cyrus sang "Achy Breaky Heart" his mullet hairstyle was known as the Achy Breaky Bad Mistakey...

guitar player here...

I'm really into Nick Drake. He was a child prodigy, and could play anything he wanted on guitar. Some of his fingerpicking was so complex that people were often turned off by him & thats why he really didn't start to gain popularity until years after his death when people realized how good he really was (oh, and with the volkswagon commercial).

If you're looking for other really good acoustic performers check out:

Jeff Buckley - (his version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" is nothing less than the best song of all time).

Leonard Cohen - (since I mentioned him already...not a huge fan, but some of his songs are downright splendid. recommend "Anthem").

Elliott Smith - (Indie God. 'nuff said....well, ok, a little more. Buy his album "Either/Or" and you will buy every album of his within 2 weeks guaranteed.)

Crooked Fingers - (Eric Bachmanns new project since leaving the Archers of Loaf. He has gone in a completely different direction since leaving, and with his damaged voice he churnes out some amazingly heartfelt songs. He sounds like a mixture of Neil Diamond, Tom Waits, and Nick Drake). Just listen to this:

The Honorary Title - (Never heard of them? Of course not. Unless you frequent the NYC East Village venues. He [Jarrod Gorbel - vocalist] is by far my favorite performer right now). Check them out: www.thehonorarytitle.com

Last edited:
whats this thread about anyhow..sheesh..what a load of ****e

Qhow many guitarists it take to change a light bulb>>?

A . Six ,one to change it and five to say "i can do that":victory:

oh yeah? what's the difference between a drummer and a pizza?

a pizza can feed a family of four.

Let me join the fray here & say hello fellow guitarists! :victory:

I'm mostly into electronic music nowadays (mainly breakbeat), but I've been a guitarist for over 20 years. OK, I feel old now :cool:

Back